picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Routine Help

KShonn user profile picture

KShonn

Oily/Resilient

dot226 Views

Cleansing Oil Causes Skin Purging?

Hello! I introduced cleansing oil in my routine about 4 weeks ago. This is my very first time using cleansing oil. And I found out that it makes my skin to purge. So, should I stop using that? Am I allergic to cleansing oil? It has been over 4 weeks and I am still suffering from it. And I become less confident of my look. Please tell me, if I should stop using it and how to overcome from skin purging? 😔
upvote

comment

23 Comments

mq user profile picture

mq

Oily/Resilient

It might be that the cleansing oil is comedogenic. There might be ingredients on the cleansing oil you're using that clogs your pores. 😅 I suggest to stop using the cleansing oil if you are sure that is the product that causes breakouts. 😬
upvote

comment

KShonn

Oily/Resilient

Thanks for the information 💕
upvote

comment

Z

zoozoo

Dry/Sensitive

i dont think cleansing oil causes purging,maybe its a breakouts
upvote

comment

KShonn

Oily/Resilient

If it is breakout, am I allergic to that? Should I stop? After looking the photos of skin purging and breakouts, and also by comparing the areas on my face, It seems more like purging.
upvote

comment

Heyma99 user profile picture

Heyma99

Oily/Sensitive

It's very seldom to get purging due to cleansing oil so it's very likely to be breakout. anyhow I suggest to stop any products that you're suspecting and heal the breakouts first then try one by one to see how you're skin reacts💛
upvote

comment

KShonn

Oily/Resilient

yes yes... I will 💕 Thanks for your advice
upvote

comment

enne user profile picture

enne

Oily/Resilient

it’s not likely to be purging unless there are ingredients in your oil that causes that. i reckon it’s a breakout, tho that also depends on the type of breakout you get. when i use cleansing oil every night, i’ve noticed that it triggers my fungal acne. it could also just be that your skin just doesn’t agree with the oil you’re currently using.
upvote

comment

KShonn

Oily/Resilient

So, maybe I stop using this and try other cleansing products?
upvote

comment

D

dxskincare

Oily/Resilient

You may stop using it if you suspected it’s the cause of skin purging. After stop using it, if the condition doesn’t getting any better, then the cleansing oil is not the main cause of your breakout. This is usually what I did. 🙂 hope it helps.
upvote

comment

KShonn

Oily/Resilient

Okie... thank you so much ^^ It means a lot for me
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!