picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Other

katydee user profile picture

katydee

Oily/Resilient

dot118 Views

PSA BEWARE of content that may be yours!

Hey guys I know we’ve had lots of discussions around plagiarism but this account is worth blocking as they’re stealing everyone’s posts and not crediting anyone. Several of the images I know I’ve seen from lovelies on here if you want to take a look to make sure yours isn’t there and or report and block. I didn’t agree with last months debate about what to do about plagiarism on social media because it happens and there’s not much we can do. Ya know? Like it’s a global thing and we know it happens. What I found odd is that when this person was contacted by someone who owned one of the photos, they just wouldn’t say or do anything about it. That’s where I draw the line. It’s just rude. Ppl are going to steal and take others work but at least have the decency when called out, to right it ya know? Just credit the person you found inspiration from and problem solved. But don’t act like it’s yours and profit from it straight up. I don’t mean to sound hyprocritcal from my points I made last month for anyone who knows what I’m talking about. I stand by my view that it just happens and we need to be okay with that because it’s the internet. But! When asked to take down or credit and they avoid or refuse? That’s just downright rude if nothing else. Anyways hope this helps in the event someone else on here has their work up on that site. Just a heads up the Insta acct is @bedo_care 🥰🥰
carousel
upvote

comment

4 Comments

raineraineraine user profile picture

raineraineraine

Dry/Sensitive

Thank you for informing us!!!
upvote

comment

katydee

Oily/Resilient

thanks lovely. I never like to partake in these sorts of things but noticed too many ppls posts I knew I had seen and then a direct friend of mine who had already reached out them asking to take their image down and they refused. that’s when it’s like ‘cmonnnn just say where you got it’. after that big uproar debate on here, I just felt in the event someone’s content is there to check and get it down for everyone’s safety. social media is obviously a place of repeats and ppl taking this and that but when someone directly says ‘hey can you take that image of mine down’ and they refuse is where I draw the line and it’s just rude ya know? xx
upvote

comment

syahnidaareo user profile picture

syahnidaareo

Dry/Sensitive

okay, I'll report this user on Instagram later
upvote

comment

katydee

Oily/Resilient

I hate that it now loooks like I’m gatekeeping which is hypocritical to my viewpoints on that big debate last month. everything gets recirculated etc but when they’re msgs and confronted that ‘hey you’ve got my stuff can you take it down’ and they flat out refuse? that’s weird and not ok. xx
upvote

comment

ImAngie user profile picture

ImAngie

Dry/Resilient

done, reported, thank you !
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I do not have an IG account, but I totally agree with you point and am even more extreme about it. I think there should be a zero-tolerance policy, as these people do know that plagiarizing someone else's content is not ok. They just do it to see how long they can get away with it, and when they get caught they can just apologize to avoid consequences. Can you tell how mad just thinking about it makes me feel haha 😅
upvote

comment

katydee

Oily/Resilient

haha prob best you don’t use IG because it happens more than not sadly. not much we can do about it in general but you’re exactly right, when we see it and point it out to the person and they just block you or ignore that’s when it’s like ‘no ma’am’ lol xx
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!