picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Renterese user profile picture

Renterese

Oily/Resilient

dot531 Views

Finally Making Progress!

It's Throwback Thursday, so I thought I'd share my progress with you guys! The photos in the top row are from May 30, and the bottom row are from this morning, August 26. I've had moderate acne like that (even though it's always felt severe, I know it's actually not and I could have had it a lot worse) for such a long time, and I tried several different kinds of products to treat it, but I never had significant results. But in May, I became super into skincare. I discovered skincare YouTubers (thank you James Welsh, Hyram, Cassandra Bankson, and Dr. Dray) and this app, and it became a hobby for me. Making skincare a fun self care thing instead of just this extra chore I had to do to treat a condition, was SUCH a game changer for me. The products have obviously helped a lot, but I think the biggest problem I had with treating my acne was the lack of consistency in my "routine." Now that I'm having fun and enjoying taking care of my skin, I'm actually doing it every day. And as a result, I'm finally making some progress! I definitely have more room for improvement but I can't remember the last time my skin has been so clear. It's doing so much for my confidence and self esteem. I'm so happy with my progress! Progress not perfection !!! If you're curious, I think the specific ingredients/steps that have helped me the most have been adapalene, benzoyl peroxide, and regular chemical exfoliation (usually with salicylic acid)
carousel
upvote

comment

88 Comments

Pux user profile picture

Pux

Oily/Sensitive

Proud to see your skin have an improvement❣️ hardwork paid off😄👍🏻
upvote

comment

hiratheaddict user profile picture

hiratheaddict

Oily/Sensitive

Conguratulations!!
upvote

comment

mq user profile picture

mq

Oily/Resilient

Woahhh the progress 🤩💞 Congraaaats ❤️✨
upvote

comment

A
picky squad user badge

Ambila

Dry/Resilient

wow great progress congrats
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!