picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Z

zainabwurno

Oily/Resilient

dot152 Views

skincare products are pilling on my skin no matter what I do

Please help me and find time to read this and answer I know it’s long but please I have no option, thank you So guys my skin products are pilling I’ve tried every method possible and cancelled out many options that I think are causing it but it still happens. Firstly I exfoliate my skin with Paulas choice bha as I have oily combo skin 2 to 3 times a week so I don’t think it’s accumulation of dead skin that’s causing it. Secondly I even shaved my face to remove peach fuzz to see if that’s what is causing but immediately after that I still saw skin pilling Thirdly I tried reducing the amount of product I used I still experienced the pilling Fourthly I tried using a maximum of 3 products in my routine plus moisturiser minus toner but my skin is still pilling and I also wait for 3 to 5 minutes for each of the products to absorb and as I’m applying all the products there’s no pilling it’s only after like 3 to 5 minutes of finishing my routine when I use my fingers to touch my face that I see the pilling. So I technically use 1 hydrating toner 2 serums and a moisturiser, I think maybe if I use one serum and moisturiser maybe my skin will not pill but I don’t think that’s possible for me because I’ve been into skincare for more than a year now and I sometimes times use 3 to 4 products in a routine and I never experienced this problem it only started recently please help Fifthly I also damp my skin with a rose water or normal water in a mist form before each product. I also tried changing my moisturiser to a another one but it’s still the same problem I heard silicone causes this problem but I don’t think my products have this I will tag everything I use in my routine Please help me I am so sad because there’s no point in skincare if my skin is not absorbing the products Also this problem happens in my morning routine even when I use just vitamin c moisturiser and sunscreen plus toner some minutes after I am done with my routine. Also it happens no matter what type of sunscreen I use and this didn’t happen before The products I am going to tag below I don’t use them all at once i alternate them in my routines Also my products don’t pill on my neck skin only my face no matter the amount of products I use on my neck
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

Paula's Choice
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

star rating

(619)

favorite

Kind To Skin Refreshing Facial Wash

Simple
Kind To Skin Refreshing Facial Wash

star rating

(253)

favorite

Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop

Dear, Klairs
Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop

star rating

(575)

favorite

Clear Face Care Gel

Sebamed
Clear Face Care Gel

star rating

(30)

favorite

Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

COSRX
Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

star rating

(3017)

favorite

Excela Moisturiser for Oily & Acne Prone Skin

Cipla
Excela Moisturiser for Oily & Acne Prone Skin

star rating

(3)

favorite

Niacinamide 5% + Hyaluronic Acid 1%

Minimalist
Niacinamide 5% + Hyaluronic Acid 1%

star rating

(6)

favorite

E-Luminence Simply Supple Cleansing Balm

Plum
E-Luminence Simply Supple Cleansing Balm

star rating

(17)

favorite

Tranexamic 3% + HPA

Minimalist
Tranexamic 3% + HPA

star rating

(8)

favorite

Bulgarian Valley Rose Water Toner

Plum
Bulgarian Valley Rose Water Toner

star rating

(5)

favorite

upvote

comment

8 Comments

mq user profile picture

mq

Oily/Resilient

Hiii, aside from the comment above, have you tried not using moisturizer in your AM routine? Because based on my personal experience, I also experienced pilling of products on my AM routine, and I kinda found out that it's because of my moisturizer. I don't use moisturizer on my AM routine anymore since my sunscreen is already moisturizing enough. I just focus on a hydrating toner and one serum. 😅 If that's not the case, it might be because your skin is overwhelmed with the products you're using? I read you're using about 2 serums plus toner, moisturizer, and sunscreen in your AM routine, and I guess it's too much? most especially if the weather you're in is always hot or humid. 😅😅 Those are just my guess though, but hope it helps. 😬
upvote

comment

mq user profile picture

mq

Oily/Resilient

This discussion by Dr. Lee might be helpful 😬😅 https://www.gopicky.com/discussion/37494/sunscreen-instead-of-moisturiser
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Hmm, odd! My guess would be that one of the products may be causing (unless you've already tried this, then ignore my useless comment). I would test out each individual product on clean skin, let it dry and see if any of them start pilling. If that doesn't work, it might be that some 2 products might be reacting with one another. Best way to find out is by testing it all out. I really can't think of anything else I'm afraid.
upvote

comment

Z

zainabwurno

Oily/Resilient

okay thank you so much for replying I will try that
upvote

comment

Skincarewithmom user profile picture

Skincarewithmom

Oily/Sensitive

umm... very difficult to give it a different gesso from the others. I know you said it is minimum for you but can you try to make it more minimum for a while and see it gets better? the unique peeling I have experienced was related to sunscreen:(
upvote

comment

Skincareat40 user profile picture

Skincareat40

Dry/Sensitive

For me I experienced pilling when using certain products together. You need to start testing different combinations to rule them out. For me it was my hyaluronic acid from the ordinary together with my sunscreen. So I started using the HA at night.
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I have heard that hyaluronic acid can cause pilling. Maybe at least one of the products that you use contains HA and that's causing the problem 🤔? Also, I have had this problem with an spf-containing moisturizer, so that may be part of your problem as well? I hope that helps 😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!