picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Skin Concern

Rkeckart user profile picture

Rkeckart

Dry/Sensitive

dot64 Views

Sleep Mask breaks me out!

I need help! I tend to sleep during the day, so need to sleep with a sleep mask to block out the light. I have black out curtains, but some light still comes through. I have gotten to the point where I can't sleep without it now, but it makes me break out! I get little break outs on my forehead, cheeks and sometimes nose. What can I do to prevent this? I have tried washing my mask a few times but it doesn't seem to help.
carousel
upvote

comment

7 Comments

Newtoskincare user profile picture

Newtoskincare

Oily/Sensitive

Do you clean the mask often? Best to change it everyday just like when you wear mask. I also just started using sleep mask and I change it every 2 days.
upvote

comment

Rkeckart

Dry/Sensitive

how do you mean you change it every 2 days? do you have disposable sleep masks? mine is a heavy molded cup one that prevents light from peaking in.
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Might also want to try a mask from a breathable material like cotton. Something gentle and non-synthetic.
upvote

comment

Rkeckart

Dry/Sensitive

that's a good idea. I actually don't know what material my mask is made out of. its slightly silky, but it is probably synthetic.
upvote

comment

Pux user profile picture

Pux

Oily/Sensitive

Other than changing your sleep mask frequently,your skincare routine plays an important role too.Make sure that your skincare suits your skin and if you have a dry skin,give it enough hydration so that your face doesn't have to produce more oil. That's my personal opinion,I hope it does helpπŸ€—
upvote

comment

Rkeckart

Dry/Sensitive

that is helpful! I have noticed that on the nights where I pay more attention to my skin and add that extra hydration, that I don't get as many breakouts.
upvote

comment

elizabeth user profile picture

elizabeth

Dry/Sensitive

i feel ya! what I do is clean my sleep mask often and fold the mask in two. My mask covers my forehead which I dont like.. so I fold it outwards so it only covers my eyes.
upvote

comment

Rkeckart

Dry/Sensitive

how do you clean yours? I've thrown mine in my laundry machine with my clothes a few times and it didn't seem to harm it at all.
upvote

comment

skintastica user profile picture
picky squad user badge

skintastica

Dry/Resilient

Maybe try a different sleep mask. It could be the material that's irritating your skin. You could try the sleep mask where there are indents in the eyes so less of the material touch your face. Or maybe try loosen your mask a little as it maybe too tight not letting your skin to breathe as well.
upvote

comment

Rkeckart

Dry/Sensitive

I do have the molded cup ones, the ones with the indents for my eyes. but maybe I do have it too tight. I'll try to loosen it. thanks for the suggestion!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!