picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

M

Mathildeee

Oily/Resilient

dot52 Views

I have acne because of vitamine C

I add Vitamin C serum in the morning but it give me acne :( Did you know the reason ? It’s because of the ingredient or the way I put it or because I should add it 1 per week and more when my skin is used to ? Or what ? Thank you for your help !!
upvote

comment

4 Comments

M

Mathildeee

Oily/Resilient

The brand is Natura Siberica It’s ascrobyl phosphate (in french) But I don’t know how much ... I thought it was purging but now it’s gonna do 2 months and don’t go better ... But thank you for your answer and recommandation !
upvote

comment

ciszkaay user profile picture

ciszkaay

Dry/Sensitive

Hello, first please stop using that product, second have you ever tried using another vitamin C product from another brand? If yes and it didnt give you acne it means this brand that you use know is not suitable for you. But if you ever tried another and it also dont work high possibility that your skin doesnt tolerate or sensitive to vitamin C. And dont mix it with retinol or B3, give some spare time if you use them.
upvote

comment

M

Mathildeee

Oily/Resilient

I don’t try another one ! But if another vitamin C doesn’t suit for my skin, I can’t apply any vitamin C ?
upvote

comment

LalaReviews user profile picture

LalaReviews

Oily/Sensitive

Have you tried using a different Vit C product? It might be the formulation or an inactive ingredient your skin isn't liking. If this has been going on for more than a week or two I wouldn't use that product anymore. It's also possible your skin doesn't like Vit C at all. If that's the case I'd use a product with some other antioxidant in it, or use an AHA or something with azelaic acid if you were using it for brightening.
upvote

comment

M

Mathildeee

Oily/Resilient

Not yet !! I will let my skin slowly heal and then I will try another but I don’t know which ... I add Vit C because antioxidant is great on am with spf also I would like to try it another one Do you have suggestion ?!
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

What Vitamin C do you use? In general, majority of Vitamin C versions like classic ascorbic acid, ascorbyl palmitate, etc should be used in concentration below 10% for acne-prone and sensitive skin. I would recommend going for 3-0-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid. Also, Vit C is an active ingredient so purging can happen but it shouldn't with lower amounts.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!