picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

heyitsnanah user profile picture

heyitsnanah

Dry/Sensitive

dot260 Views

Skin Progress

I just wanna leave these progress pics here since I feel like my skin has come a slightly long way. Sad to say, my skin became WORSE after I got into skincare. I never got acne on my cheeks (usually just the t-zone area) and my skin was smoother. I started skincare because I wanted to get rid of the small rough bumps and the acne on my t-zone. Unfortunately, I didn't do much research before diving in and just thought anything would do so I bought my first cleanser (cosrx pure fit cica cleanser) not realizing it had EOs which my skin apparently hated. I gained bumps and breakouts on my cheeks. The end result are the 1st (right cheek) and 3rd (left cheek) pics. After switching to a different cleanser (cosrx salicylic cleanser), my skin started getting a bit better the first week or 2. Unfortunately, I made another mistake of using the new cleanser both day and night everyday🤦‍♀️ since I wanted to get rid of the acne so bad, which ended up harming my skin again. Now I reduced to using it twice (soon to be 3 times) a week and only while I shower in the morning. I have yet to find a mild cleanser for everyday use since I'm currently broke but I learned to accept that progress really takes time and I had to learn that the hard way 😂 here's to better progress in the future💓
carousel
Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser

COSRX
Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser

star rating

(699)

favorite

Pure Fit Cica Cleanser

COSRX
Pure Fit Cica Cleanser

star rating

(130)

favorite

upvote

comment

32 Comments

rronerek user profile picture

rronerek

Oily/Resilient

It’s a difficult emotional journey trying to figure out what products will work for your skin, and wondering if skincare is making it worse is so difficult! I felt the same exact way for so long, and I’ve finally found products and a routine that has made my skin look the best it has in years. Good luck on your journey!!
upvote

comment

heyitsnanah

Dry/Sensitive

glad to hear you finally found a solid routine for yourself ❣️ hopefully I find my best routine in the future too!!
upvote

comment

Kirin user profile picture

Kirin

Oily/Resilient

Seeing other people's skincare journey always makes me a bit emotional. We've all been through that and it really is a battle involving our mental and emotional strength. There are times when our self-esteem hit rock bottom and it makes us anxious on what the future would show. I'm really glad that your skin is improving and I'm wishing you all the best💗.
upvote

comment

heyitsnanah

Dry/Sensitive

thank you so much💓 my self-esteem definitely hit rock bottom when I broke out (my parents always pointed out how "ugly" the acne on my cheeks were which didn't help) and nearly gave up on skincare. Then I realized that mistakes aren't the end, it just means I found another way that doesn't work. If it weren't for my first cleanser, I wouldn't have known my skin hated EOs 😂
upvote

comment

Andreitar89 user profile picture

Andreitar89

Oily/Resilient

You're doing great. Cheer up 🤗 My cheeks were very bad, but the retinol helped me a lot.
upvote

comment

MeliAnn user profile picture

MeliAnn

Dry/Sensitive

Skincare is a marathon, not a sprint. You are doing so well, don't give up and keep going, it will be worth it.
upvote

comment

heyitsnanah

Dry/Sensitive

thank you so much💓 ive seen ppl say they've been doing skincare for years and it reminds me that skincare takes more than just a few months of experimenting
upvote

comment

Gigeo user profile picture

Gigeo

Oily/Resilient

🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!