picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

IceKasumi user profile picture

IceKasumi

Dry/Sensitive

dot50 Views

Vitamin C powder

Has any of you tried out vitamic c powder instead of serum? (The ordinary Vitamin C powder, Good Molecules Vitamin C Booster Powder, etc). There's an issue with fast oxidation when it comes to L-ascorbic acid. Have you noticed the powder being better or do you still prefer the serum?
upvote

comment

3 Comments

nataliajp user profile picture

nataliajp

Dry/Sensitive

hey I didn’t try a serum yet but I do use the ordinary powder and I like it sometimes my skin is too sensitive to use it but now I know that I have to use a tiny amount of product I like the fact that you can work with the concentration and also with the product that you are going to use for example in my sensitive skin I can mix it with my rose hip seed oil at nights and won’t cause me reactions but I do want to try a serum when I finish it
upvote

comment

IceKasumi

Dry/Sensitive

That's nice to know. Thanks for sharing your experience. I've recently just started using vitamin C powder too (from Good molecules) and never tried any serums too. I was paranoid because it kind of stung at first but I guess my skin is adapting now on my second week. Do you have any product in mind on what serum to try out after finishing the powder?
upvote

comment

MelissaKarey user profile picture

MelissaKarey

Dry/Resilient

I had the powder from the ordinary but I didn’t know what to mix it with or how much so it was frustrating and it ended up expiring :( also I would mix it with peptide serum and my face would be very sticky
upvote

comment

IceKasumi

Dry/Sensitive

I heard others recommending hylauraunic acid serum, but yeah, I do feel what you're saying. It feels sticky and I hate it. I tried putting only 3 tiny drops of serum and a scoop of the vitamin c powder then and let it dry for a minute. I guess it kinda helped. Maybe you can try mixing it on gel type or lightweight moisturizers? I've heard others say it blended well. And btw, did you see any improvements on your skin when you used it?
upvote

comment

mdute user profile picture

mdute

Oily/Resilient

I mix it in my hialuronic “toner”. I have a 10ml used droper container, so I make this C serum for 1-2 weeks, so it doesn’t go bad. I used to make it using kitchen scales (trying to get a perfect concentration), however since the powder is so light and the amounts are very small, it’s not very precise. Now I just put a couple of those tiny “spoons” :) and go with the feel on my skin. If it stings too much I dilute it.
Goku-Jyun Lotion

Hada Labo
Goku-Jyun Lotion

star rating

(138)

favorite

upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!