picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Brand Talk

IceKasumi user profile picture

IceKasumi

Dry/Sensitive

dot948 Views

The Ordinary vs Good Molecules

There are a lot of people saying that Good Molecules is a dupe of The Ordinary mainly on their products like niacinamide, vitamin c powder, hyaluraunic acid and sqauline oil. Good molecules sell cheaper products. What do you guys think with it being a dupe? Do you prefer The Ordinary products or Good Molecules? Or do you use both brands depending on which product it is?
upvote

comment

6 Comments

KDanielle  user profile picture

KDanielle

Oily/Resilient

I would say the niacinamide is a better dupe. The one from the ordinary aggravates a lot of peoples skin and the one from good molecules is wayyy gentler. Same with the viramin c powder, I’d recommend good molecules over the ordinary. I prefer good molecules but I do still have a few ordinary products. But I’d go with good molecules if I had to pick between them.
upvote

comment

IceKasumi

Dry/Sensitive

Thanks for sharing. Maybe I'll try out their niacinamide after I finish TO because GM's niacinamide is kinda cheaper too. :) Can I please know what you mix the Vitamin C powder with and what's the ratio you use? I've recently bought the GM Vitamin C Booster Powder last week and I'm having some difficulties trying to have the perfect mix. :( I mixed 3 drops of The Ordinary's Hyaluraunic acid with it and it feels really sticky and icky.
upvote

comment

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

i personally think Good Molecules is better than The Ordinary. i recommend you also check the brand Geek&Gorgeous if you're into these type of brandsπŸ‘πŸΌ
upvote

comment

IceKasumi

Dry/Sensitive

Oh hey, thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely check it out. :) I've googled it for a bit and saw some promising reviews. Do you have any product from GM that you loved and worked on your skin?
upvote

comment

KDanielle  user profile picture

KDanielle

Oily/Resilient

I mixed my vitamin c booster with moisturizer cause it does get sticky with serums. I’d do one full pump of moisturizer and then half of the little spoon of vitamin c, sometimes a whole. you don’t need a lot of the powder I’ve learned lol
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I have been using a lot of The Ordinary products but haven't tried out Good Molecules 😊 I heard good things about it though! I didn't know the two brands were similar in product formulation and pricing 😊
upvote

comment

Gigeo user profile picture

Gigeo

Oily/Resilient

😍😍😍😍😍
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!