picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

C

CacTiff

Dry/Resilient

dot118 Views

Face Gets Hot after Sunscreen

Hello everyone! I’m really new to using sunscreen (and skin care general). I was wondering if it’s normal that my face gets hot after applying my sunscreen? For context, this is my ever first bottle of sunscreen. I was fine the first week of using it but my inner cheek area started getting hot after applying sunscreen during the second week. It doesn’t sting or burn, it just gets really warm. I’m using the Face Republic Super Screen Sun Gel SPF 50+. Is this normal? Should I be concerned and stop using it? Thank you so much in advance🤗
upvote

comment

5 Comments

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

It sounds your skin is getting irritated with the sunscreen. It happens to me to with a certain former sunscreen. On somedays it is tolerable, on somedays it feels hot and very uncomfortable.
upvote

comment

theartofskincarett user profile picture

theartofskincarett

Dry/Sensitive

Both chemical and physical sunscreens absorb light and work by converting this to heat…it’s generally the mechanism of action of sunscreens…a thermal reaction is involved Physical sunscreens refelect about 5-10% UV radiation …maybe you can try them and see if the effect is less
upvote

comment

HannahJade user profile picture

HannahJade

Dry/Sensitive

i havent felt hot whenever i use sunscreen, maybee you are irritated to that product you are using
upvote

comment

redddd user profile picture

redddd

Dry/Resilient

hi! i stopped using this sunscreen after experiencing the same. :((( you can try using it on your back instead
upvote

comment

C

CacTiff

Dry/Resilient

Thank you everyone💕
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!