picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Brand Talk

L007 user profile picture

L007

Dry/Sensitive

dot129 Views

SKIN1004 Toner & Ampoule Giveaway Reivew

So I received both the toner and ampoule to try from the Picky Giveaway event (THANK YOU PICKY & SKIN1004), and I have been trying the toner together with ampoule out (see SKIN1004 Ampoule for review) for about 2-3 weeks now. And I thought a Discussion would be way to share my experience. I’d classify my skin as dry, with occasional oily/combo, as well asoccasionally sensitive. I initially used it for both AM & PM, but I switched it to just AM after a few days of break (great signs to come…). So, let’s start with the SKIN1004 Madagascar Centella Asiatica Toner The toner gentle PHA toner that soothes, exfoliates, hydrates and brightens in equal measure. It contains 84% centella asiatica extract, hyaluronic acid, betaine, alongside other brightening and anti-aging ingredients to produce a fresh, supple, wrinkle-free finish. I REALLY, REALLY wanted to love this toner. But in one sentence, I wasnt particularly wowed by it. It honestly just felt like water to me, and I’m not sure whether or not what was promised was delivered. It could be be that my skin has been spoiled by the Klairs Supple Prep Toner, but it wasnt particularly moisturizing or effecting, even if I applied a couple of splashes(such accurste measurements…) The Klairs toner delivered more moisture at half of what I has to use with the SKiN1004 toner. I will give it that it spreads easily and quickly. Plus I dont smell fragrance so thats a plus for sensitive people. And it didnt break me out either. Toner is about $18 on Amazon, so it is a bit pricy, but it is a 210ml bottle. Klairs is $20 for 180ml. So, would I purchase this? I’m sad to say: NO. Again, I REALLY wanted to like, but I dont see the point if it didnt work for me. But it might be more suitable for those who have normal (you lucky bastards) or oily skin, who are Lookinng for something lightweight. Now for the Skin1004 Madagascar Centella Ascitica Ampoule. The ampoule claims to be for all skin types, and repairs damaged skin while regulating its moisture and oil balance. Main ingredient cenetella asiatica extracts that strengthen the skin’s barrier for healthier looking skin. It is all natural, and vegan. And can be used for both AM &; PM, like the toner. My expectations for the ampoule weren’t as high as the toner. And my expectations were aligned with reality. Again, not wowed. I think it even made me break out out initially with one or two pimples, and I think its happening again 😅 . It just felt like water to me, and it sadly didnt deliver what was promised. Like the toner, the Texture is the same consistency as water, and spreads just as easily and quickly. But thanks to the consistency it is lightweight. No fragrance though so that is a plus for sensitive people. Ampoule is about $19 on Amazon, so it is a bit pricy, but it is a 55ml bottle. Ive seen more for less (wont disclose if i bought those or not…). So overall, would I purchase the ampoule? probably not. I believe the breakout is sufficient to express my sentiments. I believe that the SKiN1004 is a good company that promotes exceptional product. The issue is not with the company. I’d say the issue is probably my SKin and how dry it is. The SKiN1004 products are probably more suited for normal and oily skin, and probably would have delivered if my skin were different. But again I thank SKin1004 for allowing me to try their products. I haven’t forgotten about the samples, so current plans are to eventually use those and write a review about them. Who knows the samples might be the one. 😉 NOTE!! Everyone’s skin is different, so while it may not work for me - it might for you, and you never know unless you try! So RESEARCH!! And if your skin matches what the product addresses, I dont see why not. But see if you can tet a sample instead of buying an entire product. You might have to pay more in value compared to buying Original. BUT it’ll cost less if you are able to realize if it doesnr work for you.
carousel
Madagascar Centella Toning Toner

SKIN1004
Madagascar Centella Toning Toner

star rating

(1324)

favorite

Madagascar Centella Ampoule

SKIN1004
Madagascar Centella Ampoule

star rating

(3896)

favorite

upvote

comment

14 Comments

J
picky squad user badge

Jeannie88

Dry/Sensitive

Thanks for the honest review. You are right… might not work for you but might for others.
upvote

comment

L007

Dry/Sensitive

I agree. I know the toner is HG for a lot of people. I’d say for these two products it depends on how your face reacts to high levels of centella ascatica. for those w/ positive reactions and prefer watery toners I’d say go ahead and try. but if you have no or adverse reaction to this ingredients or prefer viscous toners, this is probably not the product for you. but you are also free to ignore my advise - ReMember I and JUST advise. Your own experience tells tou whether you like this product or not.
upvote

comment

Snowbeauty user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Snowbeauty

Oily/Sensitive

thank you for sharing 💞
upvote

comment

X

Xyxy1115

Oily/Resilient

Thanks for the review!
upvote

comment

syahnidaareo user profile picture

syahnidaareo

Dry/Sensitive

thank you for reviewing it, good job. and, don't forget to write it in the product section.
upvote

comment

L007

Dry/Sensitive

already did, but thanks for the reminder :)
upvote

comment

skintastica user profile picture
picky squad user badge

skintastica

Dry/Resilient

Thanks for the review 👍
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!