picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

M

marshallmellow

Dry/Resilient

dot126 Views

naturals...

Forgive me for looking everywhere but at skin care products when I started my journey. There were just so many 'at home', 'diy', 'natural' skincare gurus out there. I was convinced that a lemon and turmeric would give me clear, healthy, happy skin. But now I'm curious, do any of these recipes really work?
upvote

comment

15 Comments

Norabella user profile picture

Norabella

Oily/Sensitive

Such DIY skincare is not regulated and the results are not guaranteed, most of the time you can do more harm than good to your skin. I used to put lemon juice on my active acne hoping they will dry out, it made me skin very sensitive and aggravated the appearance of my pimples more. I do not recommend using lemon juice on your skin. As for tumeric, I never tried it before. But I know it stains the skin for a while so be aware of that point.
upvote

comment

Skincarebuddy07 user profile picture

Skincarebuddy07

Oily/Sensitive

lemon is too acidic to our face that may give us irritation so I don't recommend that, however turmeric I do have tried using that and it somewhat work (?) but it still better consuming them than putting the diy's in our faces
upvote

comment

NothingButGrace user profile picture

NothingButGrace

Oily/Sensitive

A lot of DIY skincare can be "old wives tales" and can be more harmful to your skin nowadays then good. Scientists and pharmacists have so much knowledge and years of experience to know how to get the best out of an ingredient, by formulating it correctly. When it comes to raw ingredients they can easily become unstable and have a very high probability to wreck your skin. I personally would much rather trust products that are backed scientifically and formulated precisely knowing that there is less chance of a reaction then if I were to go putting straight natural ingredients on my face, specifically lemon (can burn + irritate) or coconut oil is another common one (clogs pores) etc...
upvote

comment

HannahJade user profile picture

HannahJade

Dry/Sensitive

i actually did diy skincare routines before and it just worsened my skin. i used to rub calamansi on to my whole face, user to cut fresh aloe veras to make soothing gels at home too, in the end my dermatogist gave me a lecture that i could have done them unsanitarily and that its too harsh for my skin to rub fresh calamansi😆
upvote

comment

iamkhayramos user profile picture

iamkhayramos

Oily/Resilient

here for the recommendations also
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!