picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Deals & News

duzzpi user profile picture

duzzpi

Dry/Sensitive

dot141 Views

WISHTREND order with taxes🤕

Hey everyone. I jumped into the wishtrend deal and got something. But I got a e-mail today about taxes around 20€(germany). I’m not from germany And I dont know anything about the tax rules. So is there anyone who knows what should I do now? I have been reading comments from germany about taxes but I’ve never thought it would be me🥺
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

4 Comments

skincarejunksz user profile picture

skincarejunksz

Oily/Resilient

oh no!! I'm so sorry that this happened to you😭 I've never experienced this but do definitely email wishtrend if you need more clarification and I hope others will be able to help!❤❤
upvote

comment

duzzpi

Dry/Sensitive

thank you☺️☺️
upvote

comment

elizabeth user profile picture

elizabeth

Dry/Sensitive

hi! i had something similar and contacted DHL express. Because I thought that they charged me Germany’s taxes and I would have to pay the VAT of my country as well. They said, before your package arrives, your country already got an announcement that theres a package outside the EU coming. So they can already calculate the VAT. What youre paying is your countries duties/taxes, not Germany. But you can contact DHL express, just to be sure! they reply fast on chat.
upvote

comment

Ruthieandskincare user profile picture

Ruthieandskincare

Dry/Resilient

Have you tried verifying that waybill number too? Some scammers copy company emails. Especially as region is clearly wrong.
upvote

comment

duzzpi

Dry/Sensitive

It doesn’t look like a scam🤕
upvote

comment

hashiskincare user profile picture

hashiskincare

Dry/Sensitive

Are you EU citizen?? Many companies enter the EU space through only one import point. Normally is through Rotterdams port but sometimes is Barcelona, or Munich if they do it by flight. The EU rules allow that you just pay the taxes in the country where the import happens. I will anyways check out if this is the case. Look at the tracking number and see where the package is. Also, write to the carrier in th e phone you find on the website, not the one from the mail.
upvote

comment

duzzpi

Dry/Sensitive

thank you, it checked the package And it looked in germany. I’m not an EU citizen btw. but the delivery belongs to my sister🥲
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!