picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus โž•

Connect

ErodaGlow user profile picture

ErodaGlow

Dry/Sensitive

dot69 Views

IG product shots! HELP!

Please share any tips you have for taking product shots for instagram. I often struggle with getting nice lighting, quality (iโ€™m working from an iphone ๐Ÿ˜ญ) and creativity for the shot haha. I donโ€™t really have a proper set up either. Also feel free to share any editing tricks, any app you use etc. It would be a huge help for me and other avid skincare reviewers
upvote

comment

4 Comments

Qyara user profile picture

Qyara

Oily/Sensitive

I didn't know how to advise you since I same issues particularly photography set. Anyway, I will share something might help you. 1) I use lightroom as it can reduce noise in photos. You can adjust exposure, highlight, color bright etc. 2) not necessarily need too much light. Some pictures also take on dark room with flash light especially to get nice black background. 3) took advantage any place or things in my house that I see and think it's good. For example, I use my mom's flowers as my background ๐Ÿ˜‚
upvote

comment

calzheng user profile picture

calzheng

Dry/Sensitive

I work with my iPhone too. sunlight is your friend! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
upvote

comment

Gray17 user profile picture

Gray17

Oily/Resilient

Great to look for inspiration on pimterest and on instagram for product shots, since you use an iphone, study the settings! since you have great resolution already!!! good lighting is a must!!! you can also try looking for textured backgrounds that can be aligned with your product๐Ÿ˜Š
upvote

comment

BonnieJean user profile picture
picky squad user badge

BonnieJean

Oily/Resilient

I see lots of great photos outside in grass, flowers, rocks, etc. If you don't want to go outside, invest in a little ring light and maybe a phone stand. That way you can demonstrate the way the product moves and works. I've seen people buy poster boards, a quality sheet of fabric and some accessories (like fake flowers or other decorations). And from there you can make some magic. I'm still on the search for my favorite editing app. But you can use Google and try out the top recommended ones to find yours.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!