picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

ZoeLu user profile picture

ZoeLu

Oily/Sensitive

dot124 Views

👀Are you a cheap queen/king? 👑

Hey cuties! I had a fellow skincare friend coming over and we were eager to share products but when it came to do our PMroutine I did a thing that started a discussion! Like, this is normal for me... When you shake and squeeze and shake again but a package is not giving you the last remains of the product I usually cut out the bottom of the tube and scoop the goods up to apply everything with a small silicone spatula on my face 👀 She jokingly called me ✨CHEAP✨ because I didn't want to throw a package away that still has some product in it and it's not expired... It costs me great money girrrl... so this is my question hear me out! I want to know your techniques because I don't believe I'm the only one doing this, and I think we all can benefit from it! I added some photos too so you can pick ideas 😊 If you have any questions I'll answer them! My technique on: 🧴Plastic tubes: cut the bottom, use a silicone spatula to scoop and apply. Close with 1 or 2 bobby pins 🧴Serum bottles: store them upside down, unroll the dropper or pumper, use a small brush to get in the tricky corners soaking it up before applying. Wash the brush and dry it on the sun if it's possible 🧴Serum droppers (glass): clean and boil for 5 min or clean an leave the unscrewed bottles and droppers for 30-60min in a bowl with warm water and 2 drops of bleach (or any house disinfectant that works on glass). Rinse and remove stickers. Store other products, perfect for traveling purposes. 🧴Samples (plastic pocket): squeeze them using chopsticks SUM UP: Do you discard packages with product? How do you save the remains or reuse packages? Am I really cheap🤔? Let me know in the coments! I'm excited to know! ♻️♻️♻️♻️♻️♻️♻️♻️♻️♻️
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

8 Comments

skintastica user profile picture
picky squad user badge

skintastica

Dry/Resilient

Skincare is serious business girl! You don't wanna waste good stuff. For plastic tubes, you can cut it in half and then use the top and slip it over the bottom so that way you don't have to use bobby pins to close it..
upvote

comment

ZoeLu

Oily/Sensitive

Omg! This is genius, skintastica✨👑✨ I'm really gonna apply this system next time for my eyecreams! It's certainly more convenient Thanks!! 😊😊
upvote

comment

Fuyuka user profile picture

Fuyuka

Oily/Sensitive

It is ABSOLUTELY more than okay to use our products till the last drop, I always cut out the packages to get the remaining (esp my cleanser) as it turns out it still can be used for quite some time (at first I was also shocked but also happy lol) so, even though I already have a new one, I always make sure to cut out the products and down the remaining until there is nothing left 😁
upvote

comment

ZoeLu

Oily/Sensitive

Yessssss Fukuya! Exactly that ✨👑✨ I also put a bit of water and shake cleansers when they are nearly over (I do this to with shampoo) so it comes out foamy! 😂
upvote

comment

Einstein user profile picture

Einstein

Oily/Resilient

omg this is me as well, I don’t want to waste any of the products especially for my holy grail products.
upvote

comment

ZoeLu

Oily/Sensitive

Yess Einstein ✨👑✨ We don't mind how do we look pushing and shaking and using tools cause or face and wallets deserve that! One works hard for skincare and is a complete waste to discard tubes with product, specially the pricey ones!
upvote

comment

syahnidaareo user profile picture

syahnidaareo

Dry/Sensitive

I'm like this too, wear it till the last drop LOL. believe me, we are not alone because many also do things like this
upvote

comment

ZoeLu

Oily/Sensitive

Last drop also hits different, don't know why hahah Yesss syahnidaareo✨👑✨ Eventho I was millionaire I would have been squeezing those bottles up. Minimum waste hehe ♻️
upvote

comment

D

dwsh

Oily/Resilient

I do the same for plastic tube packaging because there is just so much product in there even though we thought we have squeezed out everything. & also because I wash these packaging to deposit them into recycling bins. It’s just so wasteful not to get all the remaining product out 😅
upvote

comment

ZoeLu

Oily/Sensitive

Yess dwsh, you hit the spot✨👑✨ That's also important to correctly sort out the waste! Thanks for your insight :D
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!