picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Dlynn user profile picture

Dlynn

Dry/Resilient

dot107 Views

Retinol uglies???

I've been treating my lipid barrier for the past 3 months. My skin has been dry but it's not sensitive. After 3 months, it looks and feels so much better. I've slowly added Good Genes 3 days/week with no problem. And recently added LaRoche Posay Redermic 2 days/week. It leaves my skin looking and feeling dry. I use it Sunday and Wednesday. By Monday morning, it feels so dry that I'm treating with oil and hydration masks each night until Wednesday. By Wednesday it feels better and it's time for retinol again. Is this the normal retinol uglies or am I compromising my barrier? Do I power through? Or stop and try again in a few weeks? Months?
carousel
upvote

comment

4 Comments

Ruthieandskincare user profile picture

Ruthieandskincare

Dry/Resilient

From the sounds of it your experience the side effect of retinol. Which if not address will compromise your skin barrier. I am on tretinoin much higher retinoid than this so know how drying this can be. I would suggest cutting this to once a week if not stopping it all together for the moment. Not sure about your routine and technique on how exactly your applying this. Its best for you to use a sandwich method (moisturiser-retinol-moisturiser) once a week continue to do this while observing what your skin wants and how its doing
upvote

comment

Dlynn user profile picture

Dlynn

Dry/Resilient

Thanks. I'll cut back to once a week. If that doesn't help, I'll try the sandwich method.
upvote

comment

Colleendoc1996 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Colleendoc1996

Dry/Sensitive

The Cica Baume GEL has been amazing for my skin with tretinoin! I sandwich with it
upvote

comment

cylieskin user profile picture

cylieskin

Oily/Resilient

Start slow if you are using any retinol/retinoid. I’d also recommend doing the sandwich method to minimize the “retinol uglies” aka irritation and dryness. Add ceramides + peptides in your routine 😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!