picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Brand Talk

withloveblondie user profile picture

withloveblondie

Dry/Sensitive

dot188 Views

Brand giveaways not including smaller countries?

So I haven’t been a content creator for too long, but I have noticed that smaller creators than me already receive PR and gifted products from brands (not necessarily from picky but in general) and I still haven’t been approached/contacted nor have I won any giveaway. This got me wondering. 🤔 Do you think it could do anything with the country you are located in? I am an expat in a tiny European country where population is less than 1 million. I post content approx. 3-4x a week and try to always put good quality reviews with nice visuals. Curious to hear your thoughts! 🙂
upvote

comment

10 Comments

Ruthieandskincare user profile picture

Ruthieandskincare

Dry/Resilient

Unfortunately yes. It also matter on where your followers are base from. If for example you have more local followers, your likely to get collab deals from local brands. Also brands are businesses as well, They have marketing plans and target market which include countries they want to break into and sell there so they will look for influencers with followers or target audience from those countries.
upvote

comment

withloveblondie

Dry/Sensitive

Yes, makes sense.. I guess will have to continue spending my own coin on skincare products 🥲
upvote

comment

elaineganuelas user profile picture
picky squad user badge

elaineganuelas

Oily/Resilient

I noticed that too. I'm from a third world country and when brands approach me and know my location, the deal is off 😂
upvote

comment

withloveblondie

Dry/Sensitive

No way, just like that?! Must be so demotivating, hope you get some good brand deals soon 🥺❤️
upvote

comment

vinluancathrine user profile picture

vinluancathrine

Dry/Resilient

maybe one of the reasons isnthat the shipping availability, because some of the company is not allowed to ship their products to a specific place or country. Just ask if they are shipping to your country for sure.
upvote

comment

CuriousDdee user profile picture

CuriousDdee

Oily/Resilient

Yup...i think so too
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!