picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

C

Cinn

Dry/Resilient

dot72 Views

Best Products for Melasma?

I’ve been using Musely, which is a prescription with 12% hydroquinone, 2% niacinamide, 0.05% Tretinoin, and 6% Kojic acid. I’ve been using it for about 3 months and have seen some improvement but it’s still pretty visible and I seem to have hit a wall in my progress. Anyone have any recommendations for a product that worked for their melasma? I’m open to any suggestions. Thank you!
upvote

comment

1 Comment

Ruthieandskincare user profile picture

Ruthieandskincare

Dry/Resilient

The treatment you are already on is the best one for Melasma. 3 months is not a long time to be honest especially for Melasma as they are the hardest to treat and fade. You could most probably add vit c or arbutin on top of that, but best talk to your treating doctor. Also make sure you are religious with your spf application and reapplication
upvote

comment

C

Cinn

Dry/Resilient

Thank you! I do wear sunscreen every day. The reason I’m questioning it after this short period is because I was told to only take it for 60 days then take a break because of the high HQ content. Apparently it’s not meant to be used continuously for long periods of time. I might try vitamin c during the beak and see how that goes. I appreciate your response!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!