picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

A

anavishirke

Dry/Sensitive

dot301 Views

please help! my acne skin routine is not working anymore

I have used this acne skincare routine for many many years and it cleared my skin completely! But of late of am getting large breakouts on my cheeks and they take ages to heal! Please help. I don’t know why it’s suddenly stopped working for me Morning- Cetaphil cleanser oily skin Niacinamide/ clindamycin gel Sunscreen Night- Benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel
upvote

comment

22 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Do you use a moisturiser? Your skin may be dehydrated and stripped that can lead to break outs
upvote

comment

A

anavishirke

Dry/Sensitive

yes sometimes depending on the situation, but these breakouts they start as very tiny bumps and then suddenly grow to these huge almost cystic type of pimples
upvote

comment

C

Crash

Oily/Resilient

Aside from adding a non-comedogenic or oil-free moisturizer, you might also want to switch out your Clindamycin. It is possible that you've developed resistance to it since it is an antibiotic. I was using a Clindamycin cream last 2019, and my skin did get better. However I had a worse breakout in 2020 (plus maskne). My then derm recommended benzoyl peroxide since I might've already been resistant to Clindamycin. I'm not sure what you can change it for in this case since you're already using benzoyl peroxide.
upvote

comment

A

anavishirke

Dry/Sensitive

so using benzoyl peroxide along with clindamycin is shown to prevent resistance, which is why I use that at night, and the other in the morning
upvote

comment

HannahJade user profile picture

HannahJade

Dry/Sensitive

i totally agree with the need to use moisturizer, especially if you use benzoyl peroxide. BPO could be very drying and at the same time it can destroy your skin barrier making your skin more sensitive and acne prone. i suggest you apply a good amount of moisturizer and layer it with your BPO as a spot treatment. remember to use your BPO only at your pimples not all over the face
upvote

comment

A

anavishirke

Dry/Sensitive

ohh I was told to put a thin layer all over, isn’t putting it only where a pimple appears counterproductive? i do use it as a spot treatment too.. I mean the point is to prevent the pimple from appearing right ?
upvote

comment

S

SaloniMadan

Oily/Resilient

You may use theinkeylist salicylic acid cleanser, then niacinamide from the ordinary or inkey list, then water based moisturiser then fotoprotector water fusion sunscreen from isdin,
upvote

comment

nissya user profile picture

nissya

Oily/Resilient

previously I used 1% clindamycin gel but my acne didnt get any better, then I changed to erythromicin and my acne was getting better. usually clindamycin worked for my acne but maybe my skin became resistance with the formula.
upvote

comment

A

anavishirke

Dry/Sensitive

ahh! could be, but I have been using bp, to counter that! so not sure
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!