picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Product Info

julieanntrisha user profile picture

julieanntrisha

Oily/Sensitive

dot208 Views

Is Collagen Really Effective? πŸ€”

πŸ’¬: Infos from @thenerdyderma πŸ‘©πŸ»β€βš•οΈβ€¬ (Twitter) Collagen will help give you smooth, plump, & hydrated skin if you use it in TOPICAL FORM! It's traditional knowledge that collagen is a huge protein that can't be absorbed by the skin BUT it doesn't mean it just "sits" there! Collagen functions as an excellent humectant - a type of moisturizer that draws water to the skin 🌊 Benefits of moisturizer use: πŸ’™ evens the skin's texture πŸ’™ protects & repairs the skin's barrier πŸ’™ regularizes skin cell turnover which then leads to faster fading of dark spots πŸ’™ decreases inflammation πŸ’™ plumps skin to minimize fine lines 𝐖𝐑𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨π₯π₯𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐀? πŸ€” π…πšπœπ­π¬: Collagen is a protein. Proteins denature. Denaturation means the protein changes into a different form. Think of it like a thick rope (collagen) which then becomes torn or cut into smaller or thinner pieces (peptides) when exposed to stress like extreme pH or temperature. Oral forms of collagen - shakes, drinks, pills - become denatured as soon as they hit the digestive acids of your stomach. They get broken down into peptides & amino acids w/c the body uses for muscle, enzyme, and hormone production - it's not "transported" to the skin.
upvote

comment

25 Comments

jojobeauty16 user profile picture

jojobeauty16

Oily/Resilient

Thanks for sharing. People definitely need to know this as some are spending a fortune on collagen pills etc and I'm always like, why?! i actually saw a lady a while back who was going to buy the pills. They were Β£30 a box or 3 for 2. So Β£60 for 3 months worth. I literally couldn't stop myself, I had to explain to her that they don't work. She didn't buy them in the end, I probably scared her by getting all up in her business πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ’•πŸ’•
upvote

comment

MiniArora03 user profile picture

MiniArora03

Oily/Resilient

i somewhat agree.. the information makes it seem like creams are more effective than oral collagen supplements which might be true if you are considering temporary benefits. as written in the post the collagen molecules are huge so they won’t penetrate into your skin when used in cream however they will give your skin a temporary plump effect. oral collagen is great for knees joints etc so it is not a waste just might not be the best option for skin.. eating a healthy diet is the best way to permanently increase collagen. even some growth factors (more research needed) could help..
upvote

comment

oo7 user profile picture

oo7

Dry/Resilient

love what you shared, it's super informative ❀️
upvote

comment

julieanntrisha user profile picture

julieanntrisha

Oily/Sensitive

πŸ€—πŸ₯°πŸ’—
upvote

comment

ANisPicky22 user profile picture

ANisPicky22

Oily/Sensitive

thanks for sharing hun! Super informativeπŸ™‚πŸ™‚
upvote

comment

Snowbeauty user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Snowbeauty

Oily/Sensitive

thanks for sharing
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!