picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Ritanm user profile picture

Ritanm

Oily/Resilient

dot271 Views

i need help choosing!

Okayy so im lost between the Im’from mugwort essence and the rice toner. Can someone who has tried either one of them help me choose? For eg; which one is better for acne and acne scars🤔 and what are you experiences with these products? <3
Rice Toner

I'M FROM
Rice Toner

star rating

(864)

favorite

Mugwort Essence

I'M FROM
Mugwort Essence

star rating

(465)

favorite

upvote

comment

16 Comments

Ruthieandskincare user profile picture

Ruthieandskincare

Dry/Resilient

Mugwort is more for calming inflammation and irritation. Im from rice toner would be good for hydration, sebum control and mild brightening as it niacinamide. Both can help your problem to some extent but wont provide overall solution to acne. Something along the lines of benzoyl peroxide spot treatment, salicylic acid o BHA would be better target to prevent acne Vitamin C for acne scars
upvote

comment

Ritanm

Oily/Resilient

i use the vitamin c 21% serum By Wishtrend, but I thought maybe i could use the rice toner along with vitamin c, maybe it would boost the brightness on acne scars and the mugwort essence after the mugwort mask to boost the effectiveness of mugwort but.. i wanna know if they’re useful or actually not. are they worth it?
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

I would choose Rice toner because the Niacinamide and the brightening effect would be beneficial with your acne scars
upvote

comment

Ritanm

Oily/Resilient

i do actually have multiple products with Niacinamide, i thought rice was also a brightening ingredient but if I’ve understood right, rice hydrates.
upvote

comment

Beautywithhunnie user profile picture

Beautywithhunnie

Oily/Resilient

I love the rice one better!
upvote

comment

Ritanm

Oily/Resilient

what effect /results did you get from the rice toner and how long have u been using it?😊
upvote

comment

avecbelle user profile picture

avecbelle

Oily/Resilient

I have the same dilemma too!!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!