picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Kkace user profile picture

Kkace

Dry/Sensitive

dot62 Views

Hyperpigmentation

What affordable and effective products for hyperpigmentation on the face? (For sensitive/combo skin)
upvote

comment

5 Comments

hashiskincare user profile picture

hashiskincare

Dry/Sensitive

Use actives that help you get rid of it and always use sunscreen so the problem doesn't get aggravated. Actives that help with hyperpigmentation are traxenamic acid, kojic acid, licorice root, niacinamide, retinol, Azelaic acid, alpha arbutin... It's proven that combining at least 2 actives is most effective. Some serums like The Ordinary's Alpha Arbutin and Ascorbic Acid or the Good molecules discolouration serum already combine two actives. For me, among the drugstore ones, the best is ascorbic acid and Alpha arbutin. The Ordinary has a serum that combines the two. I use it every morning. If you tolerate Niacinamide, you can use every evening the Tia'm Serum that combines niacinamide with Alpha Arbutin. Otherwise you can use the Niod Re:pigment. It is the best but it is expensive. Choose one and stick with it. Hyperpigmentation is a very stubborn problem and it takes times, patience and consistency. If you use one bottle of this and then another bottle of that, it will take longer.
RE: Pigment

NIOD
RE: Pigment

star rating

(6)

favorite

Vita B3 Source

TIAM
Vita B3 Source

star rating

(1201)

favorite

Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Arbutin 2%

The Ordinary
Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Arbutin 2%

star rating

(67)

favorite

Discoloration Correcting Serum

Good Molecules
Discoloration Correcting Serum

star rating

(35)

favorite

upvote

comment

Kkace

Dry/Sensitive

Thanks, this is very helpful
upvote

comment

Kirstenchan user profile picture

Kirstenchan

Oily/Resilient

I use the ordinary
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

Using sunscreen! UV light especially blue light from the sun ( not the from your electronic devices ) will aggravate hyperpigmentation
upvote

comment

Kkace

Dry/Sensitive

thanks and good to know!
upvote

comment

Rosesarered45 user profile picture

Rosesarered45

Oily/Resilient

You can incorporate ingredients like vitamin c, niacinamide, kojic acid, azelaic acid into your routine. dont forget to apply and re apply spf diligently. here are some product recos for you

Kkace

Dry/Sensitive

thanks, I’ll cheese these out!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!