picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

rronerek user profile picture

rronerek

Oily/Resilient

dot81 Views

What products do you have that you’ve been using the longest?

So although we know that skincare has expiration dates, sometimes when you have a lot of products it can be difficult to use and finish each and every product before they may expire. I have a moisturizer that is more than half full even though I’ve been using it for about 9 months! So tell me, what’s your longest used product right now? Do you think it’s still working for your skin? Have you ever thrown away a product for being past expiration?
upvote

comment

5 Comments

skintastica user profile picture
picky squad user badge

skintastica

Dry/Resilient

If it looks fine, smells fine and the texture is fine, I just keep using it. I haven't had any negative reactions from expired products. If I have to think twice about it, I use it on my body. If I have to think 3 times about it then it goes in the trash (which hasn't happened yet). Believe it or not but I actually had a dead sea mask that I finished earlier this year that was 13 yrs old and it was just as effective as the day I bought it! I shared the experience in a picky discussion with pictures if you're curious. Picky Discussion https://www.gopicky.com/discussion/23505/how-shocking-is-this
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

I can’t believe I missed this post 😄
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

That's funny because I just noticed today that my TO retinol has a PAO of 3 months and I have been using it a little bit over that and the bottle is half full 😅 From now on I will apply more generously amounts and when I finish the bottle I will look for something that doesn't expire that soon 😊
Retinol 0.2% in Squalane

The Ordinary
Retinol 0.2% in Squalane

star rating

(123)

favorite

upvote

comment

rronerek

Oily/Resilient

Do you think the product is still working for your skin? If it keeps working keep using it!
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

@rronerek I haven't noticed any change in the performance of the product so yes I will use it up 😊
upvote

comment

rronerek

Oily/Resilient

that’s good, I’m glad that expiration date isn’t affecting the efficacy!
upvote

comment

MieraSyaf user profile picture

MieraSyaf

Oily/Sensitive

i’ve been using this cleanser and moisturizer for almost a year now..both of this my holy grail one 🤞🏼👍🏼

rronerek

Oily/Resilient

I also have been using that foaming cleanser! There is so much in one product so I think I may have it for close to a year too. Glad it’s still working for you 😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!