picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

MissSa user profile picture

MissSa

Oily/Resilient

dot45 Views

Exfoliation & Mask Usage

Hi! I would love to know others opinion on using masks (any type) after exfoliating/scrubs. How frequently is considered appropriate to wear masks?
upvote

comment

5 Comments

syahnidaareo user profile picture

syahnidaareo

Dry/Sensitive

I often do this, after exfoliating I use a clay mask and the last step is to use a sheet mask. This is like a special treatment, so it's not every day. but i use my clay mask every day. Every time I exfoliate or use a clay mask, I have to rehydrate my skin to the maximum. Actually it depends on each skin.
upvote

comment

MissSa

Oily/Resilient

Can you tell me the clay mask you used? Also what’s the difference between clay mask and the sheet mask? I’ve only been using sheet mask all this time.
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

First of all - scrubs/physical exfoliation - I recommend to avoid them. I personally do not do masks after chemical exfoliation to avoid irritation. Whilst it may allow the mask to penetrate deeper, it would also likely irritate the skin more. After exfoliation I go for a soothing moisturiser to calm the skin down. Masks are best applied on clean skin without any product on it. Clay masks should be used 1-2x a week. Hydrating masks can be used more often depending on the requirements. Really it depends on the ingredients in the mask and skin resilience - strong actives should not be used daily.
upvote

comment

Hebskin user profile picture

Hebskin

Oily/Sensitive

it’s cool as long as the mask doesn’t have harsh ingredients as the exfoliation will have sensitised your skin already. masks are fine whenever, but exfoliating can be harsh on your skin if you do it too regularly and can mess up your natural oil balance 🧡
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I use a clay mask once a week after exfoliating 😊
Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec
Secret Indian Healing Clay

star rating

(124)

favorite

upvote

comment

MissSa

Oily/Resilient

That really help. Thanks.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!