picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

M.ATIF user profile picture

M.ATIF

Oily/Sensitive

dot224 Views

Cycle Breakout

I have oily-acne/sensitive skin. Aside of that I really have a major skin concern at the young age. When I breakout, I used to apply skincare that are consists ingredients to treat acne like salicylic acid, benzoyl, tea tree, azelaic acid and glycolic acid. I am aware those ingredients might ruin my skin barrier so that I always keep balance my skin with hydration like hyaluronic acid, calming with centella and soothing with aloe and panthenol. As a result, my skin are really clear but only leave on the scar effect from the pimples. Next routine of my skincare, I used to apply most of skincare with a range of soothing and calming and strengths back my skin barrier like ceramides. In this case, I am really tried to avoid from using active ingredients like niacinamide, alpha arbutin, ascorbic acid or retinol in high percentage as I know my skin can't tolerate with them. Plus, I also always precautions with any ingredients that might harm or sensitive on my skin like fragrance, alcohol, sls/sles, mineral oil and paraben. Additionally, I also keep my cleanliness environment and practice healthy dietary. However, my skin always keep breakout even after I care of my skin precautionary. So, I have to go back to my anti-acne skincare routine and the cycle goes around. Now, I didn't have no idea what to do with my skin as it has happened a long time and repeatedly. Even my dark spot and scar doesn't had time to pale but the new acne already pop out again. Actually question that I would like to ask is did I really need to focus on my gentle anti-acne skincare routine even after my skin has heal from breakout?
upvote

comment

1 Comment

Siitha user profile picture

Siitha

Oily/Sensitive

We’re on the same boat for acne cycle. But nowdays I focused on soothing and calming product to make my skin healthier. I only use acne cleanser for night routine. I try to minimize acne care product and focus on skin barier and product for sensitive skin. You can check my affiliate link to see the progress.
Perfect Whip Acne Care

Senka
Perfect Whip Acne Care

star rating

(60)

favorite

Acne Solution 2 in 1 Cleanser

Safi
Acne Solution 2 in 1 Cleanser

star rating

(13)

favorite

upvote

comment

M.ATIF user profile picture

M.ATIF

Oily/Sensitive

Okay thank you pretty! I love combination products of your night routine. Might try soon!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!