Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Auroraa user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Auroraa

Oily/Sensitive

dot101 Views

Which product is causing irritation?

Hi! If you’re using a complex skincare and you notice irritation, how do you know which product is causing it? I was just wondering because I heard that some products take a lot of time to actually “work”.
upvote

comment

5 Comments

chocolatteskincare user profile picture

chocolatteskincare

Oily/Sensitive

Usually active products can cause irrirtation, especially when its being overused. For example, exfoliating with AHA/BHA everyday, using retinols and exfoliants without wearing sunscreen during the day, mixing wrong actives in the same routine
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

Auroraa

Oily/Sensitive

thank you!
upvote

comment

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

if something like this happens, first of all, i go back to basics to soothes, calm and repair my skin. Gentle cleanser, moisturizer, SPF. then, you need to think about your routine and why you need a "complex" one. is it really essential for your skin? maybe you can cut out some steps to not over stimulate your skin? also, if you wanna know which product i causing irritation, you'll have to introduce them once at the time and observe. it takes time.
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

Auroraa

Oily/Sensitive

yes, it takes a lot of time. thank you!
upvote

comment

jairahbkc user profile picture

jairahbkc

Oily/Sensitive

For me it's the product with concentrations of actives so i try to buffer my actives my using hydrating toners and moisturizers
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

Auroraa

Oily/Sensitive

thank you for sharing!
upvote

comment

MeliAnn user profile picture

MeliAnn

Dry/Sensitive

I would patch test each product of your skincare individually, if you react to one, then that is the problem or possibly overuse of certain ingredients or overexfoliation💙
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

Auroraa

Oily/Sensitive

thank you! I’m guilty of never doing patch tests, but fortunately I never had an allergic reaction.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!