picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Esssie user profile picture

Esssie

Oily/Sensitive

dot89 Views

acne

My skin started flaring up in my mid twenties accompanied my constant stomach aches In the morning. I was a vape smoker and drank coffee every morning and started my skin to go downhill. I drank enough water but started to get random pimples on my face, and eventually spread all over and now from picking, I have hyperpigmentation marks and they look HORRIBLE, I’m seeing an online dermatologist from agency but not sure that my skin is changing too much, it’s been over a month and my skin still fluctuates and gets pustules. I also have a lot of blackheads on my cheeks and I exfoliate very well, but don’t want to over exfoliate because of my acne, what should I do?!
carousel
carousel
Daily Superfoliant

Dermalogica
Daily Superfoliant

star rating

(15)

favorite

Dermal Clay Cleanser

Dermalogica
Dermal Clay Cleanser

star rating

(2)

favorite

upvote

comment

3 Comments

Suriskinsdiary user profile picture

Suriskinsdiary

Oily/Sensitive

it can cause by your lifestyle too. you can try benton deep green tea line, its really good for acne & keep the skin clean. tiam serum for hyperpigmentation. and abib acne cleanser that can be use everyday but deep cleansing.
pauline user profile picture

pauline

Dry/Resilient

try to hydrate well. my skin have bad episode before and it healed after great hydration. i will recommend huxley if you can get it
Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

First and foremost, have you changed your lifestyle since? Considering stomach pains, it could be likely that your skin is unhappy because your body is unhappy. Topical treatments won't be able to fix that. It may also be caused by hormonal imbalance as the area affected is around the jawline. Which again, can be caused by your lifestyle. These are just my guesses. A good place to start would be a balanced varied diet. Exercise can be great too. I would go for a gentle skincare routine and only do chemical exfoliation up to 2x a week. But your dermatologist will be able to give you more professional tips!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!