picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Other

Grethi user profile picture

Grethi

Oily/Sensitive

dot142 Views

Unrealistic skincare editing

So today I am going to expose myself, but I also want to know what you guys think. Today I posted this pic of Mugwort mask and for everyone who has tried it, you know it’s super edited. But the real mask was very unaesthetic to post. So I wrote on the description a disclaimer that said that this is a very unrealistic pic of the mask and on my stories I posted the unedited pic. Also, I reviewed this mask her eon Picky and I included a unedited pic of the texture and that’s what I’m planing to do when I make a full review on mh ig page as well. I really did this bc I liked it and it matched my feed. What do yall think abou this?
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

4 Comments

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

In general, sometimes we have to edit photos more since cameras usually "eat colours", especially if we take photos in JPG - the colours are different, not to mention RAW - RAW is a format which is better to use to develop the photo and not lose the quality. Human eye catch colours better than the screen or camera :)
upvote

comment

Grethi

Oily/Sensitive

Thank you for this comment. I totally see your point🥰
upvote

comment

Rinahhh user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Rinahhh

Oily/Resilient

it looks amazing 😍 I've used to texture shot the mugwort mask too but it wasn't so nice so I edit it as well to make it more greener 💚this really looks beautiful and touching up photos is fine as raw picture isn't so pleasing 😅
upvote

comment

Grethi

Oily/Sensitive

yes so you know how I feel lol
upvote

comment

Agnss user profile picture

Agnss

Oily/Sensitive

if you always put the real picture afterwards there shouldn't be any confusion! people just have to pay attention to it! it's not like you're lying about it. It's because it's prettier that way and that's understandable! i personally don't edit but that's also because I don't know how to do it nicely
upvote

comment

Grethi

Oily/Sensitive

I used lightroom for this picture. It’s my fave app to do colour correction and to emphasize the texture more
upvote

comment

xxygirl user profile picture

xxygirl

Oily/Sensitive

that amazing 🤩 I also always edit my photo bcs camera colour look so unaesthetic..
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!