Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Opinion

skeengeeks user profile picture
picky squad user badge

skeengeeks

Dry/Resilient

dot87 Views

PR word

Since we have so many skincare expert or anyone who has been long enough in collaborating with brands here.. I just wanna clear my blurry understanding in my skincare journey especially when I do my reviews. My question is: why I’ve seen so many skinfluencer put PR in their reviews? Is it really necessary? Does it has any other meaning that will make a brand see you or something? And.. should i put it in my reviews too like everyone else? Thank u!!
upvote

comment

3 Comments

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

PR means Public Relations, it just means that brands provided them with what they are posting about. When you bought your products with your own money you don't need to put "PR" tho obviously. But when you receive from a brand is more honest to say it is actually PR.
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

skeengeeks

Dry/Resilient

thank you!! gotta edit my reviews now πŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ
upvote

comment

enne user profile picture

enne

Oily/Resilient

putting in pr indicates that the brand provided them with the products for a review. the details of it is up to their discretion. people put PR in their reviews for transparency purposes. and i’m sure there’s a legal aspect to it too to some extent
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

skeengeeks

Dry/Resilient

thanks!! now i get y they put pr I actually thought it would be something like a paid review, so i kinda hesitant to put it in my reviews πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
upvote

comment

sonnitranquilli user profile picture

sonnitranquilli

Oily/Sensitive

All correct in the replies above. I'd just add that you have to put PR or GIFTED when the brand just sends you free products and it's up to you to publish a review or not. Otherwise, if you receive also a payment or you agree for contents to be produced, you have to put PAID or ADV. It's the law πŸ˜‰
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

skeengeeks

Dry/Resilient

i see!! no wonder I’ve seen some put AD-PR in their reviews that must be paid products then! thank u for sharing thiss it means a lot to me πŸ™πŸΌπŸ’•
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!