picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Opinion

L

lunlun

Oily/Sensitive

dot49 Views

Fragrance in skincare

What are your thoughts on the inclusion of fragrance in skincare products? Are you strongly against it or think it's necessary. All opinions are welcome😊
upvote

comment

8 Comments

Ruthieandskincare user profile picture

Ruthieandskincare

Dry/Resilient

No issue with fragrance in skincare. to be honest it adds to the whole sensorial experience of making skincare fun and enjoyable. I am however particular what type of scents that attract me, so often avoid skincare that have the scents I dont like even if the product is not causing me any allergy or irritation. But I enjoy fragrance free products as well
upvote

comment

L

lunlun

Oily/Sensitive

True,the fragrance in the product adds to the experience especially if it is in lower concentration with a pleasant smell.
upvote

comment

elizabeth user profile picture

elizabeth

Dry/Sensitive

i rather use fragrance free products. I have sensitive skin and eczema so fragrance free is better. Sometimes I also get nauseous when I can just smell the fragrance on my face. But i dont mind when the smell is faint and dissapear after a while. Also, fragrance has to be on the bottom of the ingredient list.
upvote

comment

L

lunlun

Oily/Sensitive

I totally agree to it. Love the input🥰
upvote

comment

C

criticalacid

Oily/Sensitive

I wouldn’t say I’m strongly against products with fragance but I would prefer my skincare without it. Let’s say if I get a skincare product that contains rose extract or cica extract, I would expect a natural smell. It doesn’t entirely put me off, but if its strong and stays on my skin then i’ll have to say a no!!
upvote

comment

L

lunlun

Oily/Sensitive

Yeah, I agree and since I have a sensitive skin I have to take care of what goes into the products I put on my face. Hence, natural smell is okay but heavy unaturally scented products is a big no no!
upvote

comment

ianloverasm user profile picture

ianloverasm

Dry/Sensitive

I love fragrance free skincare products because some products with strong fragrance irritated my throat.
upvote

comment

L

lunlun

Oily/Sensitive

Aside from that it can cause skin irritation as well if you have sensitive skin or if the fragrance is added in high concentration.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!