picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

W

warmsunnyd

Oily/Resilient

dot105 Views

Hyaluronic acid—when to apply?!

I just purchased ordinary’s Hyaluronic acid and am trying to figure out how to incorporate it correctly into my routine so I get as much out of it as possible. I used it in my skincare routine last night for the first time and again this morning. I applied it after I applied my Sunday Riley C.E.O. Glow Vitamin C and Turmeric face oil and right before I applied my moisturizer (Drunk Elephant’s Protini Polypeptide Cream.) I felt that the Hyaluronic acid would draw moisture from the oil and I know moisturizer definitely comes last so that’s why I did the Hyaluronic between those two steps. The result was not bad… but I have this feeling it could be better. It wasn’t sticky. It didn’t pill. Just didn’t feel like it was the full affect I could have gotten from it. Should I be applying the Hyaluronic acid BEFORE the vitamin c & turmeric face oil? All the tips I got about the Hyaluronic acid from reading Sephora reviews say to apply to a moist face but I use toner and it seems to go against the purpose of a toner to apply any product before you tone. Also right after I tone I use Drunk Elephant’s Protini Powerpeptide Resurf serum… I know serums DEF go after toners so I am just realllly confused when to apply the Hyaluronic acid. Any clarification about what order I should be doing this in would be amazingggg and specifically the reasoning behind it because I wanna know why that specific order would be beneficial. Please help! Thank you!
Protini Polypeptide Cream

Drunk Elephant
Protini Polypeptide Cream

star rating

(120)

favorite

C.E.O Glow Vitamin C and Turmeric Face Oil

Sunday Riley
C.E.O Glow Vitamin C and Turmeric Face Oil

star rating

(36)

favorite

Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5

The Ordinary
Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5

star rating

(1010)

favorite

Protini Powerpeptide Resurf Serum

Drunk Elephant
Protini Powerpeptide Resurf Serum

star rating

(25)

favorite

Squalane + BHA Pore Minimizing Toner

Biossance
Squalane + BHA Pore Minimizing Toner

star rating

(22)

favorite

upvote

comment

2 Comments

B

Busythinking

Oily/Sensitive

first, apply the thinnest to the thickest. so it would be cleanser, toner, HA, serum, cream, oil. rmb, when you apply HA, layer it while your skin is still damp for it to work the best.
upvote

comment

qilss user profile picture
picky squad user badge

qilss

Oily/Resilient

Apply the hyaluronic acid after toner while your skin is still damp. Then you can follow with your other serums, moisturiser and oils.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!