picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Skin Concern

KShonn user profile picture

KShonn

Oily/Resilient

dot323 Views

Does this ever happen to you?

Hi picky squad ! A month ago, I suffered from breakouts due to a cleanser. First of all, I have an oily acne-prone skin which normally breakouts. But whenever this happens, I only have three to four pimples or acnes around my cheeks. Plus, they only lasts for a week or so. The breakouts that I have suffered a month ago is not the same with the normal breakouts that I used to have. At first, I thought that was because I introduced cleansing oil to my routine. But it was definitely wrong. It is the facial foam that breaks me out. And without noticing it, I used that for two whole weeks. Well, this facial foam is made for sensitive skin type which is really mild and made up with great ingredients. One thing that I can't understand is why was that didn't work on me. After talking to one of my friends, who had use this whip foam, she claimed that she suffered the same. Btw, she has the same skin type as mine. We both suffered with acnes and breakouts. Surprisingly, the other friend of her who has sensitive skin really enjoys using this and it really benefits his skin. Have you ever use this whip cleanser? Do you have any idea about this? Or have you ever suffered from similar case?
SoonJung pH 6.5 Whip Cleanser

ETUDE
SoonJung pH 6.5 Whip Cleanser

star rating

(236)

favorite

upvote

comment

25 Comments

Z

zoozoo

Dry/Sensitive

this happen to me around last month,the one im using is made for sensitive skin(dry u zone and oily t zone) i was excited and expected a lot on the product,but sadly after around 3 days using acne and small bumps appear in my face,it makes my face texture worse.hopefully the acne and scar has gone,im using blab cica not sure why maybe the citric acid 🤔
Cica Barrier 5.5 Gel Cleanser

B_LAB
Cica Barrier 5.5 Gel Cleanser

star rating

(46)

favorite

upvote

comment

KShonn

Oily/Resilient

I was hopping this would be a holy grail.... but it sucks.
upvote

comment

B

Busythinking

Oily/Sensitive

I have never personally use this product by my sensitive skin dislike foam /lots of lather products as it will dry out my face. it prefers gel type cleansers only.
upvote

comment

KShonn

Oily/Resilient

Yes. I'm currently using gel cleanser from manyo.
upvote

comment

nattyskinfan user profile picture

nattyskinfan

Oily/Sensitive

I haven’t tried this exact foam, but I have found foams to usually be more drying yet less properly cleansing than other options — maybe your skin is reacting to there still being some remaining oil, etc. leftover? With my oily, sensitive skin I have to be extra careful that I fully remove my cleansing balm/oil with a (still gentle) cleanser or the residue of sebum/dead skin/oil all break me out. There totally could be something in that particular foam that you’re sensitive to though! But maybe stick to a foaming cleanser that can emulsify your cleansing oil and fully remove it without any drying alcohols 💕 Good luck!
upvote

comment

KShonn

Oily/Resilient

I agree with you. Maybe that foam is too mild for me. It doesn't even remove any dirt on my face.
upvote

comment

ameliaoktarija user profile picture

ameliaoktarija

Oily/Sensitive

I have never tried that variant of etude product. you should stop using it if something like that happens. and you can go back to the product you used before. I hope your skin gets better soon
upvote

comment

KShonn

Oily/Resilient

I have already recover from that. And I had stooped using that product long ago after realizing that was the one.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!