picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

ZaaaSC user profile picture

ZaaaSC

Oily/Sensitive

dot131 Views

gimme your best advice for brand collabs/PR

Hey everyone! since I’m still fairly new to the brand collab/PR, I’d appreciate if you could drop some honest advice on how to filter from choosing to work with certain brands & how to approach brands if I’m interested. Let me know how y’all filter & approach the brands 💗 thanks in advance xx
upvote

comment

3 Comments

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

Here are some of my advices as a person with 5 years of blogging experience and a person who's working currently at social media for personal care brands: 1. Don't message brands - I'm aware people do that and some creators will recommend you doing that but majority of the time, huge brands will through such messages straight to the trash without even opening them, because the amount of such messages is huge + big brands have their own SM management to do Influencer collabs or they hire outside agency 2. Log to platforms for influencers, my favourites are influenster, octoly, fohr 3. Be active on Instagram - create eye catching content, focus on what you write and engagement 4. Engagement is a key - you don't need many followers, if brands see people enjoy your content and engage with you a lot, they'll be happy to work 5. Don't take all collabs - some collabs are just 💩 so if you see a brand asks you for a collab but this brand is shady or they sell stuff that doesn't fit your content - it's not worth it. 6. Not every collab is a collab, some collabs are scams, if a company asks you to pay for a product, it's probably a scam. But sometimes you'll have to pay a tax and that's normal - at least in EU law has changed and majority of shipping from outside EU = tax 7. Always talk about conditions before agreeing to a collab - how long, when to publish, what the brand expect, etc 8. Paid collabs - usually brands are not welcome to work with paid gigs, but you can always suggest that you are open for paid collabs and what benefits the brand can get. I hope it helps :) Let me know if you have any questions :)
upvote

comment

hdsktt user profile picture

hdsktt

Dry/Resilient

auw , such the wonderful and truly amazing information that i read today !! Thank you so much for this . I love a lot 😍🙌🏻. May i save this for reference 😝
upvote

comment

NguyenAndOngLy user profile picture

NguyenAndOngLy

Oily/Sensitive

wow thanks for sharing this question and I am thankful for @betweendots’ response I mean I am not an influencer or aspiring to be but this is very informative and helpful to know! ❤️👍🏻
upvote

comment

ZaaaSC user profile picture

ZaaaSC

Oily/Sensitive

I’m glad that it helped 💗
upvote

comment

FSha user profile picture

FSha

Oily/Resilient

thanks for the advice 😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!