picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Deals & News

SilverSliver user profile picture

SilverSliver

Dry/Sensitive

dot307 Views

Fast Fashion in Skincare?

Hey pickies, So with new skincare launches every week from millions of brands, skincare is awfully dangerous to resembling fast fashion. Pushing out so many products at an accelerating rate, doesn’t this concern you as a consumer? What’s your opinion on this topic? Do you believe skincare launches are starting to go a little too overboard with “quantity” rather than “quality”? Or do you think you can keep up with thousands of new products launching everyday? Should brands be slowing down a bit? Or should they keep up with all the latest trends? Please comment your thoughts - I’m extremely curious about what y’all think💕 Also, in case you’re unfamiliar with the concept of fast fashion, here’s a quick google definition: “inexpensive clothing produced rapidly by mass-market retailers in response to the latest trends.”
upvote

comment

17 Comments

elizabeth user profile picture

elizabeth

Dry/Sensitive

not really, i think they need to come up with new stuff to keep the consumers interested. For example, mugwort is/was in trend.. especially with the I’m From line. I like that other brands are also releasing mugwort products so you have more choice that will fit your budget or skintype. I’m more concerned/skeptical with makeup brands releasing skincare products and influencers/celebrities trying to hop on the skincare rage wagon..
Targeted Blemish Serum 2% Salicylic Acid

Revolution Beauty
Targeted Blemish Serum 2% Salicylic Acid

star rating

(20)

favorite

Hello, Good Stuff! Face Serum

Essence
Hello, Good Stuff! Face Serum

star rating

(9)

favorite

upvote

comment

SilverSliver

Dry/Sensitive

Interesting!
upvote

comment

skinwithclods user profile picture

skinwithclods

Oily/Sensitive

^i totally agree with the points Elizabeth above has said! Skincare brands are constantly on the look out for the next innovative thing to keep us the consumers interested. I do think more brands could be more environmentally conscious🙂
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

That's how I know that reviews shouldn't be trusted - if a reviewer takes less time than 28 days and don't call such review as first impression, review is quite useless since skin cycle takes around 28 days and with age it takes longer - yes, with some products effects (negative ones) are visible ASAP - I used Sephora's Zinc + Niacinamide solution for a month, ended a bottle and every day my skin was getting worse and worse. But it's great when reviewers write dates how long they tested the product or call their short reviews of 1 or 2 weeks "first impression"
upvote

comment

Hebskin user profile picture

Hebskin

Oily/Sensitive

a very relevant post! food for thought 🧡
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

Skincare I not necessarily inexpensive.I would think customers would make an informed decision before purchasing new products these days, especially with the massive number of new launches you mentioned. Also I am personally a creature of habits, so I need REALLY good arguments to make me deviate from products I have been happy with 😊
upvote

comment

SilverSliver

Dry/Sensitive

Yes consumers definitely need to make informed choices
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!