picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

pamluvchile user profile picture

pamluvchile

Dry/Resilient

dot138 Views

Please Post Correct Order of Skincare Products

Hi, I know this has been posted before, but could someone please post the correct order of skincare products? Thanks!
upvote

comment

8 Comments

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

Sure :) In general, we go from light to thicker textures so morning routine looks like this - 1st step cleansing: you can use one or two products - micellar water and then water-based cleanser (gel cleanser or foam cleanser) - Toner - Essence (unless toner is thicker like Klairs Unscented Toner and Essence is light like Beauty Of Joseon Ginseng Water Essence then you can switch them) - Ampoule/Serum - usually they are similar products, so we use ampoule or serum - eye cream - moisturizer - sunscreen For evening routine - Pre-cleansing aka micellar water or solutions to remove makeup - 1st Cleansing based on oil - balm or oil cleanser, it's better to use emulsifying ones - 2nd cleansing based on water - gel or foam cleanser - here you can use enzyme peel or mask and remove it with water - toner - essence (same as with morning, if toner is thicker then use essence first) - serum/ampoule - eye cream - moisturizer - oil or sleeping mask I hope it helps :)
upvote

comment

pamluvchile user profile picture

pamluvchile

Dry/Resilient

Thx!
upvote

comment

KDanielle  user profile picture

KDanielle

Oily/Resilient

There isn’t really a “correct way”. Long as cleanser is first and sunscreen for AM and moisturizer for PM is last then everything in between is usually preference. For most it goes for AM: cleanser, toner, essence, serums (applied thinnest to thickest), moisturizer, sunscreen. For PM: cleansing balm/oil, cleanser, toner/essence, exfoliant, serums (thinnest to thickest), moisturizer. if you have a healing ointment or a facial oil, they would go on after moisturizer. If you have mask, you can do them before or after toner, whatever you prefer. Everything in between is really preference and how you feel products layer on your skin.
upvote

comment

jojobeauty16 user profile picture

jojobeauty16

Oily/Resilient

Yep the general rule is thinnest to thickest. I do put my eyecream on before my serum though. xxxx😘😍
upvote

comment

skintastica user profile picture
picky squad user badge

skintastica

Dry/Resilient

When in doubt on what order to use, go with the general rule, thinset to thickest in texture.
upvote

comment

Imperfectskin user profile picture

Imperfectskin

Oily/Resilient

I agree with all of them! You should start in cleansing your face, then you can use the general rule from thinnest to thickest consistency.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!