picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

GreekGirlGlam user profile picture

GreekGirlGlam

Dry/Resilient

dot915 Views

SkinCare OVERLOAD! Need some advice!!!

I have SO MUCH skincare! Of course sometimes I will give my sis, my mom, or a friend some of the products I bought & I didn’t like or didn’t work for me. But I still have so many things I do like & want to use. However there’s SO MUCH & I can’t use it all at once. Of course I use many different products in my routine, like cleanser, toners, serums, essences, moisturizers, acne treatment bla bla bla (not that order exactly but ya know what I mean) Anyway—What do you guys do? Do you rotate out things? Or do u wait until you empty one thing before using another of the same type. Or what do you do? Lol 😂 I hope my question comes across clearly. Let me know if it doesn’t! I’m just looking for some advice or some tips on how to handle it lol 😂 thank you Picky Fam!
upvote

comment

97 Comments

qilss user profile picture
picky squad user badge

qilss

Oily/Resilient

I *typically* wait until I empty the product before opening a new one of the same type. Although sometimes I get greedy and open more than one lol 😆 I prefer this way because once a new product is opened, the shelf life becomes shorter as opposed to an unopened product. This ensures I get to use up all products within it's expiry or PAO
upvote

comment

elizabeth user profile picture

elizabeth

Dry/Sensitive

i also try to finish the product otherwise it such a waste and i would literally throw money down the drain. If a moisturiser is not hyradrating enough in the winter i will swap it with a different moisturiser and use the other one for summer. As long its within the PAO or expiry date. Or i will try to rotate it. I will almost alway finish my products or give it away if its not suitable for my skin. That why I make sure to read the ingredient list and look up for reviews before purchasing anything. Except for the picky deal 😂.. but it was a box with high rankings on picky 😝
upvote

comment

E

Eli722

Oily/Resilient

great advice
upvote

comment

sensitivesister user profile picture

sensitivesister

Oily/Sensitive

If something doesn't work for my face I don't bother using it on my face, as it can cause me problems such as irritation etc and I don't see the point in doing that. What I do instead is try it on a different part of my body, such as moisturisers on my arms which is less sensitive. I also gift products to my family so I'm not wasting anything. I do review different skincare on my channel but I try and keep my routine consistent as I find my skin is happier that way 😊
upvote

comment

Littledarling27 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Littledarling27

Oily/Resilient

Well, there you have it. All of this is true. I'm guilty of having too much too and most of the time I give away to my mom and cousins specially if it's similar to something I have to avoid expiration.
upvote

comment

ImAngie user profile picture

ImAngie

Dry/Resilient

Me too, including makeup. I send it to my sisters hoping that they will use them.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!