picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Deals & News

Biyangkaaa user profile picture

Biyangkaaa

Oily/Resilient

dot213 Views

Brand Ambassador

Hi Pickies! So I got a dm from a brand saying they're looking for Brand Ambassador. It was my first time so I don't know what should I say and do. Also, if it's legit or not. They have official ig page but he's chatting me on other account. I was kinda scared. How can I deal with it? also can you give me some tips about this and what precaution should I take? Sharing your experience also are appreciated. Tysm for answering!
upvote

comment

12 Comments

ishiskin user profile picture

ishiskin

Dry/Sensitive

if he’s chatting from another account, most likely a scam. if they were honestly interested, they’d contact you from their main and official instagram.
upvote

comment

Biyangkaaa

Oily/Resilient

yes, it's so irrational to contact with another account.
upvote

comment

Glowyforever user profile picture
super picky user badge

Glowyforever

Oily/Resilient

Don’t be afraid to ask questions! Ask why they are not contacting you from official brand’s page and all details about what’s expected if you accept the offer. There’s nothing wrong with asking. The worst case scenario, they won’t answer you🤣 then most likely they aren’t legit! In a mean time, also check their official page, website, Facebook, whatever you can find. Don’t ever provide your payment information and if something feels sketchy better don’t accept!
upvote

comment

Biyangkaaa

Oily/Resilient

tysm! noted ❤❤
upvote

comment

AfrynKhyra user profile picture

AfrynKhyra

Dry/Resilient

It's a normal thing that always happend to me. just ignore it, unless their official ig account contact you
upvote

comment

Biyangkaaa

Oily/Resilient

thank you so much. noted!
upvote

comment

Ruthieandskincare user profile picture

Ruthieandskincare

Dry/Resilient

From my experience, those that are genuine brand wanting to work with you will either contact you via your public email, through your DM from their official IG, or through a third party PR company never through a sketchy second account that has nothing posted or just recently opened account. They always want it official.
upvote

comment

Biyangkaaa

Oily/Resilient

what example of PR Company? the person chatted me has almost 2k followers and hast recent posts
upvote

comment

elaineganuelas user profile picture
picky squad user badge

elaineganuelas

Oily/Resilient

Best to do a "background check" for you to avoid falling into scams. If they ask you to pay for shipping fee, it's most likely a scam
upvote

comment

Biyangkaaa

Oily/Resilient

omg they ask for sf. what will happen for example I agreed that I'll pay for the sf?
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!