picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

Mellashereskin user profile picture

Mellashereskin

Dry/Sensitive

dot74 Views

Asian vs Western skincare?

Which one do you prefer or use more? I was in the middle of cleaning my skincare items and noticed I have a good amount of both Asian and Western skincare. However I have noticed I only ever bought myself asian skincare and got given the western skincare as gifts as part of my previous jobs, working for those western companies. I personally like both, for different things, but have found that I definitely gravitate towards Asian skincare a bit more, specifically Korean. What are your thoughts? Which one do you prefer? Asian? or Western?
carousel
upvote

comment

11 Comments

enne user profile picture

enne

Oily/Resilient

it really doesn’t matter for me, efficacy is more important than origin. however, i do have more asian skincare, specifically korean bc it’s cheaper than western brands, or what a lot of people refer to as “drugstore” brands. also bc i live in asia and our drugstores carry asian brand more than western ones
upvote

comment

Glowyforever user profile picture
super picky user badge

Glowyforever

Oily/Resilient

I used exclusively Western skincare for way over a decade (because I live in western county and that’s what easy accessible here), until about a year ago I discovered the world of Korean skincare and fell in love with it♥️♥️♥️ I do like their formulations, the prices are great and the results are similar or sometimes even better then way more expensive western skincare offers. I still do have a lots of western products, some of them I really do like and probably won’t be replacing, but majority of my skincare collection now is from Korean brands.
upvote

comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

I have a mix of both but I noticed that Asian skin care products suit me more (or maybe I'm buying the wrong western products) but as @enne said the most important thing is efficiency. If it works for you ut works! You don't need to buy extra skin care just because it is from Asia
upvote

comment

Qyara user profile picture

Qyara

Oily/Sensitive

I don't mind western or eastern as long as my skin love it and I can get it in my budget price. Mostly I use Eastern because I'm Eastern.. I think it's more cheaper and affordable to buy K-skincare. I will buy western products that available in my country as I can't wait too long 😂 you can said I knew about K or J skincare since I was young (but still late start skincare routine) 😅🔨
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!