picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

S

Spendoholic

Dry/Resilient

dot73 Views

Which Retinol did you start with?

Hey everyone! Before I started my Retinol journey I was a bit scared as mostly everywhere I read to expect dryness or peeling possibly. They said to start with a low % retinol. My skin is tolarent to acids was on the combination skin type and still I didn’t know what to expect. I was most afraid of peeling. Dryness can be treated , but peeling would take time to heal! I still caved in and got a trail size of the Drunk Elephant Apassioni. I used it as the brand suggested. In a mix of Bhydra and drops of Marula oil! Started at the age of 31... It was a game changer! Do you remember your first Retinol experience ! Do share below Or what’s stopping you from using Retinol?
carousel
A-Passioni Retinol Cream

Drunk Elephant
A-Passioni Retinol Cream

star rating

(37)

favorite

upvote

comment

6 Comments

lisakeiko user profile picture

lisakeiko

Oily/Resilient

I’m 41 and started using Dr. Different’s Vita A Cream almost a year ago. I was nervous about starting off with a retinaldehyde but wanted something a bit stronger than retinol without having to commit to dermatologist appointments to get Retin-A. It’s been a positive experience so far. I was lucky enough to not experience any drying, peeling, or irritation when I first started but I made sure that I had a solid skincare routine in place for a few months before starting with the Dr. Different cream.
Vita A Cream

Dr.Different
Vita A Cream

star rating

(11)

favorite

upvote

comment

S

Spendoholic

Dry/Resilient

glad you had a positive experience when you started. I hope this encourages others to try Retinol as well!
upvote

comment

IsaacBear user profile picture

IsaacBear

Dry/Resilient

Drunk elephant has a lot of great products, yet they are on the pricier side 😭😭 and a lot of people stop supporting the brand due to their many controversial issues.
upvote

comment

S

Spendoholic

Dry/Resilient

their products have been amazing for my skin! I’m glad to have found them!
upvote

comment

Arnaaz user profile picture

Arnaaz

Dry/Sensitive

i started with this one. and i love it. it’s formulation is so mild with soothing ingredients.
Retinol Serum

The Inkey List
Retinol Serum

star rating

(203)

favorite

upvote

comment

S

Spendoholic

Dry/Resilient

I’ve read the Inkey list one is good for beginners! price friendly and well!
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I started with The Ordinary retinol 0.2% I squalane. My skin tolerated it well and I saw results within 3 months of regular use in my PM routine. It is a light oil that absorbs fast and should be suitable for your dry skin 😊 I hope this helps!
Retinol 0.2% in Squalane

The Ordinary
Retinol 0.2% in Squalane

star rating

(123)

favorite

upvote

comment

S

Spendoholic

Dry/Resilient

I’ve read this one is good to begin with as well! it takes time to show results but it’s something that is worth the wait
upvote

comment

syahnidaareo user profile picture

syahnidaareo

Dry/Sensitive

I started taking retinol when I was 23 years old. But at that time I made a mistake, so my skin got irritated when using retinol.
upvote

comment

S

Spendoholic

Dry/Resilient

Ohno, did you start with a high % of it?
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!