picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

skincrow user profile picture

skincrow

Oily/Sensitive

dot54 Views

azelaic acid help

So I'm thinking of implementing azelaic acid into my routine, because of acne marks. I wanna know why is it different than BHA and AHA acids. Can i use it daily together with retinoids? My skin is not very sensitive. Thank youu
upvote

comment

3 Comments

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

I do not recommend mixing retinol with azleiac acid, it's better to use retinol +PHA but also depends on skin. BHA (salicylic acid) helps with pores, AHA works on surface and such acids are usually called "fruit acids". Azelaic acid is a different ingredient, it's non-photosenstive, it can be used for sensitive skin, it helps with acne and it inhibits tyrosinase aka it helps with pigmentaiton. It can be ever use on rosacea. It's more gentle and it has different built than AHA, BHA or PHA. It is not recommended to use BHA and Azelaic Acid. Also, if you use retinol with any acid - don't use it at the same routine. It's better to just focus on one active ingredient at the time and once your skin gets used to retinol then try to experiment.
upvote

comment

illie user profile picture

illie

Dry/Sensitive

For first try I suggest don't used them together at the same time. You can used azelaic acid at another night when you're not using retinoid or you can used it in AM routine for azelaic acid and in PM routine for retinoid Once your skin get used to it, you can try to used both together, in really small amount and areas, to see how your skin react
upvote

comment

aroseisarose user profile picture

aroseisarose

Oily/Sensitive

I also use Azelaic Acid in the AM and either a BHA or retinoid in the PM. Agreed with the advice to introduce it slowly and see how your skin responds!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!