picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus โž•

Connect

C

crimsonxerox

Dry/Resilient

dot163 Views

Testing Sites and Platforms?

After reading some other discussion posts it seemed like a bunch of us are over whelmed with way too many products to review. On the opposite end of the spectrum I have seen others who want to review products but are not getting the opportunity to do so. So I thought we could start a discussion about all the places other than picky that someone can go to to sign up or register to test products. Myself I fall somewhere in the middle. I have won one Picky Giveaway and use other sites. Sometimes I have up to three things a month to review. Other times I go months without receiving anything to review. Some of the sites I participate in to recieve free products to review are BzzAgent, Influenster, HomeTesters Club, Tryable, Social Nature and Shopper Army. Shopper Army recently hasn't been doing so much and what they have anymore you have to pay shipping. The same is true for Sampler anymore. I am on Octoly but have yet to be able to get anything to review. They give everyone a free token to choose a product to review and once that review is turned in they replace your token, but everything is always sold out and the one time I was able to use my token I was emailed and informed that it was a mistake and the product was sold out, and I could choose something else. Hard to choose something else when everything stays sold out. Sorry tangent back in topic, Prismpop used to be great until It was turned into an app. Pop Sugar Dabble is another great site but they don't do as much as some of the previous places I mentioned. If a person is just wanted to try new skincare and it not cost a fortune Dermstore's Beauty Fix is a really good solution. Picky had a free box once that you only had to pay shipping for that looked great but it sold out before I could get my hands on it. I'm new to Picky but so far it has became my favorite place to go to and read reviews and sign up for giveaways. I never win anything and already have won one product which I have fallen in love with and I am still using it. Matter of fact I will purchase the Make P:rem Watery Ampoule I won once I use it all. As it has been fantastic on my dry skin. But anyway I thought we could all help each other out and share some places some testing sites out so more people have an opportunity to test products. plus I'm sure some of us may know about some that others don't. Bottom line the more reviews out there the better chance we as consumers have of making purchases we won't regret later. The pictures are my win from Picky and a Vobox I received from influenster. I also just received a Lancome eyeliner in the mail today from BzzAgent but haven't taken pictures of it yet.
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

4 Comments

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

In general, my problem with testing sites are problems with working "worldwide" but after all only people from US are selected. The other issue - I had users of one company, I'm not sure how this platform was called but it was mostly related to kbeauty - their users stole my photos of Benton cleansing water (with a watermark) because "the item didn't arrive" and they still put fake reviews with stolen photos. Sadly, lots of testing companies don't mention how they deal with it. Companies I used/use as an EU citizen - influenster (hard to get + you can pay taxes) - octoly - great platform if you have social media accounts - trnd - works in Germany and Poland, not sure about other versions - everydayme - they have tests lately in Poland, its a platform related to P&G -sampleo - or something similar, did innisfree and fresh tests for Sephora in Poland, not sure about other countries
upvote

comment

C

crimsonxerox

Dry/Resilient

Thanks for contributing to the discussion. I have also noticed United States seems to get preferential treatment on a lot of these sites and as a US citizen I feel terrible about that and wish everyone had an equal opportunity to participate regardless of location. terribly sorry to hear about your pictures being stolen and used by someone else. I have been trying to remember to watermark my photos to prevent the same thing from happening to myself but looks like that isn't the solution I hoped it would be if your watermarked photos were still stolen. I will double check but I believe that perhaps Selfridge's has a sample program specifically for just EU citizens. perhaps you may have some luck with that one.๐Ÿ’—
upvote

comment

anatriesskincare user profile picture

anatriesskincare

Oily/Sensitive

I love this iniciative, I've been having trouble getting products. Are you located in the US? I've checked most of the sites you mentioned but they just don't work in Latin America (where I currently live). I'll be moving to Europe soon so I hope the location might change my luck as well regarding this issue.
upvote

comment

Littledarling27 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Littledarling27

Oily/Resilient

stylekorean ships to some latin american countries, also yesstyle. The rest I believe only work in the States.
upvote

comment

Littledarling27 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Littledarling27

Oily/Resilient

Hi, there are other sites as Stylekorean, where you apply for the campaigns, also Credithink and Wishtrend. Yesstyle has an influencer program where you can get up to three free products a month in exchange for the reviews, but have to pay shipping, Stylevana I think you have to apply to get free products too. O.8l you apply for free products, or Buy them at 3.99, both ways have to review the รญtems you get. That's it, all I know, I'm sure there's more hehe ..
upvote

comment

C

crimsonxerox

Dry/Resilient

Thank you for contributing to this discussion. I had forgot about YesStyle. I have an account on 0.8l but haven't had any luck there, but I think your comments is very helpful not just for myself but everyone else that uses Picky,๐Ÿ’—
upvote

comment

syahnidaareo user profile picture

syahnidaareo

Dry/Sensitive

There are several websites that have campaigns as reviewers, namely Korean stylekorean, wishtrend (notification via email), 0.8L, and several big brands that open vacancies as reviewers through their own brand websites.
upvote

comment

C

crimsonxerox

Dry/Resilient

Thank you so much for adding to this discussion. You mentioned a few I wasn't aware of. I was seeing a lot of comments from people wanting to review things and weren't having any luck and thought this discussion could help them out. I am so happy that you and other users have added to this discussion and hopefully this will help those users out or anyone else for that matter looking for places to get products in exchange for reviews.,๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’•
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!