picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Product Info

MelissaKarey user profile picture

MelissaKarey

Dry/Resilient

dot84 Views

Sunscreen and the heat?☀️

Hello 🌈 Is it true that heat makes the sunscreen go bad? If you’re carrying it in your bag whether the sun hits the bag directly or not.. the sunscreen still heats up so how would you keep it cool? Also I accidentally left my sunscreen in my car in 108°F….and im wondering if I should toss it and use my backup… 🥺
upvote

comment

5 Comments

Kaiiixx user profile picture

Kaiiixx

Oily/Resilient

I think as long as it’s not direct sunscreen then it shld be fine. if u r concern abt it , use it on ur body rather than using it on ur face 😊
upvote

comment

ciszkaay user profile picture

ciszkaay

Dry/Sensitive

Hi~ I know that if we left sunscreen in the heat it will shorten the shelf life and become less effective. Did you leave it in the car for more than 1 week?
upvote

comment

MelissaKarey user profile picture

MelissaKarey

Dry/Resilient

no it was only like 5 hours but it was kind of burning cause it was 108 degrees outside 🥴
upvote

comment

Birdil user profile picture

Birdil

Dry/Sensitive

Check if the sunscreen has separated or anything or if there's a change in the texture but if you still wanna be safe and don't want to take any chances then use it on your body if it hasn't spoiled due to heat .
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

Hi, temperature, light etc react to products, not only sunscreens, but it's not like it'll automatically go back. If you don't use 'organic' products I wouldn't be scared since skincare has many other ingredients than sun agents, active ingredients, like preservatives, buffers, etc - they keep product fresh for a bit longer :)
upvote

comment

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

I carry my sunscreen around in my bag to reapply. I didn't know that high heat temperature would affect it! Thank you for raising this discussion as I've learnt something new❣️ I'm following you on IG. I'd appreciate if you followed me too 💕 @blueskies8whiteclouds
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!