picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

L

Lynnnnnnnn

Oily/Sensitive

dot124 Views

is it necessary to apply moisturizer?

is it necessary to apply moisturizer on my face? I heard that the more things you apply on the face, the more clogged it will be. For my routine now is just cleanser, essence, serum and azelaic acid from the ordinary.
upvote

comment

15 Comments

Newtoskincare user profile picture

Newtoskincare

Oily/Sensitive

agree with zoozoo, moisturiser is to hydrate and lock the hydration from the products before moisturiser. you can find lightweight moisturiser and non comedogenic ones. I personally enjoy these moisturiser as they are lightweight. I notice you have oily and sensitive skin, just like me, so these would be great :) I use TIA’M in the morning as it keeps my face from becoming oily throughout the day. I use Iunik and I’m From at night. Sometimes I skip moisturiser and go straight to sunscreen because some sunscreen is hydrating enough. So, it really depends on what your skin prefers. You shouldn’t worry about the clogging because that is why you cleanse your face twice a day. Double cleanse if you have make up on or sunscreen. I only double cleanse if I have matte sunscreen on. Other than that, I double cleanse only every two days to just clear the gunk and clogged pores. :)
AC Fighting Oil-Free Aqua Cream

TIAM
AC Fighting Oil-Free Aqua Cream

star rating

(63)

favorite

Mugwort Cream

I'M FROM
Mugwort Cream

star rating

(151)

favorite

Centella Calming Gel Cream

Iunik
Centella Calming Gel Cream

star rating

(1204)

favorite

upvote

comment

L

Lynnnnnnnn

Oily/Sensitive

Any recommendations for double cleanser and sunscreen brand? Currently for my morning routine, Cosrx salicylic acid daily gentle cleanser, toner from simple, serum vitamin c from its skin, next azelaic acid from TO and lastly my sunscreen. Night routine I just change the cleanser to CeraVe brand and serum change to niacinamide acid from TO
Skin Aqua UV Super Watery Gel SPF 50+ PA++++

Mentholatum
Skin Aqua UV Super Watery Gel SPF 50+ PA++++

star rating

(20)

favorite

Power 10 Formula VC Effector

IT'S SKIN
Power 10 Formula VC Effector

star rating

(33)

favorite

Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser

COSRX
Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser

star rating

(699)

favorite

Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

The Ordinary
Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

star rating

(494)

favorite

Kind To Skin Soothing Facial Toner

Simple
Kind To Skin Soothing Facial Toner

star rating

(179)

favorite

Foaming Facial Cleanser

CeraVe
Foaming Facial Cleanser

star rating

(1000)

favorite

upvote

comment

Z

zoozoo

Dry/Sensitive

you could used non comedogenic moisturizer,sometimes I didn’t used moisturizer or skip moisturizer because i feel my face is well hydrated,but moisturizer function is to hydrate and lock hydration on your face to prevent it evaporated,moist is the part of basic skincare but if u feel enough with your skincare rightnow,i think its fine to not used moisturizer,maybe if you want to try moist try lightweight and gel type 😊
upvote

comment

H

hira71

Oily/Resilient

in the morning, if your sunscreen moisturising enough, then you can skip moisturiser. and some essences are also moisturizing. During the night, I think you may use a gel moisturiser since you have oily skin like me. but I will add anothee thick cream to keep my skin moisturized because I sleep in an aircond room so my skin may get dry if I don't seal the moisture.
upvote

comment

enne user profile picture

enne

Oily/Resilient

in theory, yes, adding more products can clog your pores. but it takes a lot of products to clog your pores, unless that product is comedogenic. like zoozoo said, look for a moisturizer that’s non-comedogenic. the main function of a moisturizer is to lock in the hydration within our skin and reduce trans-epidermal water loss. if you live somewhere cold and dry, i’d say moisturizer is necessary. if you live somewhere hot and humid, you can skip the moisturizer as long as your skin is well hydrated and moisturized, and instead use an emulsion since it is lighter
upvote

comment

illie user profile picture

illie

Dry/Sensitive

You don't have to if you feel your skin already get enough moisture. But moisturizer help skin to prevent water-loss and dryness. Still it depends on your skin
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!