picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creators

Skin Concern

alphahydRoxy user profile picture

alphahydRoxy

Dry/Resilient

dot537 Views

Starting my acne treatment

📅 I went to the derm last week because of my persisting acne and these are the products she prescribed me. ⏳ I'll make sure to post updates in a few weeks/months as soon as any progress is visible! ❓ Do or did you use any of these products before? Did you like them? And also, are you currently on an acne treatment as well?
carousel
Eau Thermale Avene Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser

Avene
Eau Thermale Avene Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser

star rating

(56)

favorite

Cleanance SPF 50+

Avene
Cleanance SPF 50+

star rating

(14)

favorite

Cleanance Hydra Soothing Cream

Avene
Cleanance Hydra Soothing Cream

star rating

(11)

favorite

Adapalene 0.3% + Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Epiduo Forte)

Galderma
Adapalene 0.3% + Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Epiduo Forte)

star rating

(15)

favorite

upvote

comment

34 Comments

iJAYi user profile picture

iJAYi

Oily/Resilient

I haven’t tried any of these products before even tho I like Avène!~ I previously used adapalene 0.1% gel for my acne, and to help with its sides effects (irritation, redness...) i used Cicalfate+ from Avène or Cicaplast balm from LRP~ I wish u a good luck on your journey! Hope u will get amazing results 💛💛💛
Cicaplast Baume B5 Soothing Repairing Balm

La Roche-Posay
Cicaplast Baume B5 Soothing Repairing Balm

star rating

(589)

favorite

Cicalfate+ Repairing Protective Cream

Avene
Cicalfate+ Repairing Protective Cream

star rating

(37)

favorite

upvote

comment

alphahydRoxy

Dry/Resilient

Thank you so much 🥰 I'm experiencing some mild side effects, too, but I'm still managing them with vaseline on my dry and itchy areas 😅 Avène does look like an okay-ish brand to me, I don't like the fragrance their products contain tho. Especially the sunscreen I listed above (the tinted version) BURNS my skin upon application. :(
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
super picky user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

Avene cleansing gel is the worst, it has high pH and it caused me more acne, definitelly I do not recommend it. Galderma has great solutions for acne prone skin.
upvote

comment

alphahydRoxy

Dry/Resilient

Well, my derm told me to use it so I don't really wanna mess with her about this tbh 😕 But I'm not really fond of that cleanser either, I just make sure not to cleanse too long with it. 🤷‍♀️
upvote

comment

SophiesFaceWears user profile picture

SophiesFaceWears

Oily/Sensitive

I used a few avene products after my derm prescribed it a few years ago and it broke me out really bad. It actually turned me off skincare for a while, so I'm a bit biased with that company. But my skin is a bit fickle anyway, so don'tlet that discourage you. I hope you get amazing results🤗
upvote

comment

alphahydRoxy

Dry/Resilient

Thank you so much 🥰 Tbh, I also think it's weird that some derms prescribe several products from the same company... To me it feels as if they were sponsored by them 😅😂
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Yadah | Green Tea Pure Cleansing Balm  event

Picky x Yadah | Green Tea Pure Cleansing Balm

Audience

All Users

Deadline

May 10th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!