picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

piypiy user profile picture

piypiy

Oily/Sensitive

dot37 Views

PORE CARE ROUTINE

Can you pls suggest a routine for Oily Skin type, blackheads are stressing me out! 😭
upvote

comment

3 Comments

wh user profile picture

wh

Oily/Resilient

maybe u can use AHA, BHA, or any exfoliating product? :' but make sure to use enough moisturizer so that ur skin won't became dry
upvote

comment

Beautywithhunnie user profile picture

Beautywithhunnie

Oily/Resilient

For me, if I have too many blackheads, I would go to my esthetician and have her clean them out for me... Then I would try to maintain my skin clean... double cleansing daily in PM, exfoliate 2x a week, toner, hydrating essence, moisturizer, sunscreen... and I use clay mask every 3 days or so to help absorb the excess oil ❤️
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

To avoid getting your pores blocked, you need to control sebum production by moisturising and using niacinamide. Clay masks 1-2x a week are great too. Make sure all products you use are non comedogenic. To clear blackheads, salicylic acid is the star ingredient for that. You can go for a cleanser, toner, serum or a peeling solution. Cleanser option would be the least likely to irritate because you wash it off and the concentration is very low. Cerave one is great, but there are lots of optipns out there. If you go for a toner or a serum that has 2% BHA, start with one day a week and increase the frequency gradually to 2-3x a week. If the concentration is lower, start the same but you can increase the frequency to daily if your skin isn't irritated or drying out. I personally love TO solution for stubborn blackheads and nothing else has worked that well. But it is very strong and should be used with caution. Whichever option suits you best, make sure not to overexfoliate and moisturise your skin after. Avoid other actives in the same routine.
SA Smoothing Cleanser

CeraVe
SA Smoothing Cleanser

star rating

(619)

favorite

AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

The Ordinary
AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

star rating

(1780)

favorite

upvote

comment

piypiy user profile picture

piypiy

Oily/Sensitive

such details! thank you so much for this. will have to save this for later!!💕💕
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!