picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus āž•

Skin Concern

Ellysha user profile picture

Ellysha

Dry/Sensitive

dot99 Views

New to trenaxamic acid

Hii, can someone help me out, I have PIE issues and recently trying out a trenaxamic acid serum, but i woke up full of pimples the next morning, could it be temporary purging or breakouts, educate me pleasešŸ„ŗšŸ™ *I'm using the serum below
Saffron Blemish Care Serum

Florest Formula
Saffron Blemish Care Serum

star rating

(2)

favorite

upvote

comment

4 Comments

Sunflowerr user profile picture

Sunflowerr

Dry/Sensitive

So sorry to hear that. But I don't think it's a purging because there's no active ingredients that can lead to purge
upvote

comment

Ellysha

Dry/Sensitive

Oh nooo T^T then TA is not my thing then, thank you so much for answering my question siss :3
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

I'm pretty sure it's purging. Purging appears on the skin when we use acids or retinoids, you can see purging at first 1-3 months and then your skin gets better so all I can say is "brace yourself, it will get better" :)
upvote

comment

Ellysha

Dry/Sensitive

Ahh I see i see, guess I have to continue till I see good results with this ingredient, urghh purging is so painful (ā”³Š”ā”³) and thank you so much for this knowledge siss v(^āˆ€^*)
upvote

comment

IsaacBear user profile picture

IsaacBear

Dry/Resilient

TA in general will not cause purging, it may be other ingredients in the products which caused your purging. You can look for other TA products such as TIL one instead of this brand.

Ellysha

Dry/Sensitive

Thank you so much for the recommendation, I will look more into this product and hoping I would convince myself to afford another serum after wasting on this current onešŸ˜­šŸ’ø
upvote

comment

KDanielle  user profile picture

KDanielle

Oily/Resilient

No there shouldnā€™t be purging with tranexamic acid. There is no ingredient in it that would cause purging, itā€™s not retinol. Stop using it. It may be that brand or it could be tranexamic acid all together but usually itā€™s very gentle. I looked at the ingredients and there is a lot of fruit extracts and saffron in it so that might be the reason as to why you broke out.
upvote

comment

Ellysha

Dry/Sensitive

So i guess I have to ditch this serum T.T, it costs me a lot too, but thank you so much for your detailed explanationšŸ’•šŸ’• it convinced me that TA might not be the problem, but it's the other ingredients instead, I have to find other products that contains TA thenšŸ™ƒ
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!