picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creators

Routine Help

Sunflowerr user profile picture

Sunflowerr

Dry/Sensitive

dot810 Views

Skincare Routine During Reviewing Product

Hi. I hope you all are doing well. I just got my Ruruberry prizes and what should I do it with my current skincare routine? I mean- should I take a one day break from skincare and start to patch test or just combine the products with my current routine? How you all manage your skin while doing review. I hope you know what I'm trying to say. Thanks in advance! ^^ Btw, during the day I'm just using Aiken and sunscreen because too much product will make my skin oilier. During the night, I'm using all of them but I'm combining Skin1004 and Benton because of the high concentration of cica and I just apply it on my blemishes and I avoid applying Skin1004 on my forehead and just using Benton on that area. And I think I just want to use the Ruruberry Serum during the night only. Hope you can help me 🤗
Original

Banila Co.
Original

star rating

(243)

favorite

Snail Bee High Content Essence

BENTON
Snail Bee High Content Essence

star rating

(1034)

favorite

Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser

COSRX
Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser

star rating

(1410)

favorite

Sensitive Skin Cream

Rosken
Sensitive Skin Cream

star rating

(36)

favorite

Madagascar Centella Ampoule

SKIN1004
Madagascar Centella Ampoule

star rating

(3551)

favorite

AC Fighting Spot RX Cream

TIAM
AC Fighting Spot RX Cream

star rating

(73)

favorite

Prebiotic Hydra Plus Essence Water

Aiken
Prebiotic Hydra Plus Essence Water

star rating

(35)

favorite

upvote

comment

46 Comments

Newtoskincare user profile picture
super picky user badge

Newtoskincare

Oily/Sensitive

I will keep my routine as usual but swap out the one that is similar. say, I am reviewing a toner, I will swap the usual one out and use the new one. then observe. reason being, if I cut back or change anything drastically, I wouldn’t know which product is giving me issues or working for me. So, keep the routine as usual as possible so that you know exactly which product is working for you.
upvote

comment

remedyforbeauty user profile picture
super picky user badge

remedyforbeauty

Oily/Sensitive

too true!!
upvote

comment

KDanielle  user profile picture

KDanielle

Oily/Resilient

I usually cut my routine back a little and make sure I don’t have any active breakouts or not near my cycle so I don’t have anything interfering with my experience. But sometimes I just throw the product into my regular routine and pay attention closely to my skin and how it feels, looks, etc.
upvote

comment

remedyforbeauty user profile picture
super picky user badge

remedyforbeauty

Oily/Sensitive

exactly my thoughts too🧴😎
upvote

comment

LalaReviews user profile picture

LalaReviews

Oily/Sensitive

I've just been swapping out my old product with the new one I have to review. I try not to do it with more than one or two products though, because I don't want to dramatically change my skincare to the point where it's hard to tell how the product works with my skin.
upvote

comment

Sunflowerr

Dry/Sensitive

That's mean you just use one or two new products in your routine, but still including the same products, am I right?
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

Well what I did was to try the product on it’s own to see how my skin reacts to it. Then I do a simple routine to see how my skin feels. So that will be the Ruruberry cleanser, my Klairs toner and Abib sunscreen for AM For PM it is Ruruberry cleanser, Klairs Toner, Niacinamide serum and Clinique Lotion. After a few days I will incorporate my exfolliants and then retinol After a few week, my other products will be introduced I like to see how the new products acts in its own and the synergy with my other routine. It also helps me to find out how the new products works in a simple routine and extensive routine.
upvote

comment

Sunflowerr

Dry/Sensitive

I like how you manage your routine. Thanks a lot and I will try like what you did!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x DR. G | R.E.D Blemish Clear Soothing Cream event

Picky x DR. G | R.E.D Blemish Clear Soothing Cream

Audience

All Users

Deadline

May 10th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!