picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creators

Ingredients

estella user profile picture

estella

Oily/Sensitive

dot289 Views

Vit C Doesn’t Work

Is it possible that Vit C doesn’t work on certain people? This is what I use and I understand that it’s mild but it should’ve worked by now on my acne marks. I didn’t feel any irritation or sensitivity. Its normal but it just doesn’t work. Can u suggest other brightening ingredients (for acne marks) 😊
[Discontinued] Pure Vitamin C 15% with Ferulic Acid

By WISHTREND
[Discontinued] Pure Vitamin C 15% with Ferulic Acid

star rating

(94)

favorite

upvote

comment

22 Comments

MsK user profile picture
super picky user badge

MsK

Oily/Sensitive

How long have you been using the product? Depending on how deep in your skin your acne marks are it may take quite some time for you to notice any change - does the rest of your skin appear more radiant? If not maybe you need to persist for a while longer, I really didn't notice much change in my skin for about 3 months but it did get better after that.
upvote

comment

bymj user profile picture
picky squad user badge

bymj

Dry/Sensitive

100% agreed!
upvote

comment

aroseisarose user profile picture

aroseisarose

Oily/Sensitive

You might also want to try Azelaic Acid instead of Vit C — it helped treat my acne AND fade my acne spots. It took about 3-4 weeks of daily use before I started to see results but now it’s a daily staple in my routine. I started with the Paula’s Choice booster but now use the Cos de Baha serum (much more affordable).
Azelaic Acid 10% Serum with Niacinamide

Cos de Baha
Azelaic Acid 10% Serum with Niacinamide

star rating

(73)

favorite

10% Azelaic Acid Booster

Paula's Choice
10% Azelaic Acid Booster

star rating

(127)

favorite

upvote

comment

estella

Oily/Sensitive

Thank you! I’ll check this products as well as other ingredients with Azelaic Acid 💕
upvote

comment

Mikoskincare user profile picture

Mikoskincare

Oily/Resilient

Sorry to hear this did not work for you. You can also try something with niacinamide and arbutin. In my experience, those takes a while to work. I got faster results in fading acne marks using azelaic acid.
upvote

comment

estella

Oily/Sensitive

Thank you! I’ll check products with Azelaic Acid 💕
upvote

comment

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

It may be possible. Out of curiosity, how long have you been using this serum? I'm using Dear, Klairs vitamin C 🍋 serum which has a low percentage of Ascorbic Acid. It's helped lighten my PIH marks. I noticed an improvement after around 3 weeks of consistent use. Here's my experience ⬇️ https://www.instagram.com/p/CT9SZZipRMf/?utm_medium=copy_link I'm following you on IG. I'd appreciate if you followed me too 💕 @blueskies8whiteclouds
upvote

comment

estella

Oily/Sensitive

Thank you! I already followed you 😉
upvote

comment

bernadettetls user profile picture

bernadettetls

Oily/Resilient

i believe that not everythng that works to others will work to you too,
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Sioris | Mist & Milk Cleanser  event

Picky x Sioris | Mist & Milk Cleanser

Audience

All Users

Deadline

April 26th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!