picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Potatofry user profile picture

Potatofry

Oily/Sensitive

dot58 Views

Eye cream: Yes or Nah?

Do we really need eye cream? Or is just a waste of money? Eye creams suppose to have been formulated ‘specially’ for the thin, sensitive skin around the eyes. Claim they will help get rid of bags under the eyes, dark rings and prevent aging. Some dermatologist suggest that we should put it in our routine but some say is not necessary. There’re people saying that eye cream doesn’t do it’s job too. If you are huge fans of eye cream, which brand or product would you suggest trying out? Also share your tips of taking care of your eye area!
upvote

comment

6 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I don't think it's necessary but for instance my skin is oily and I usually use gel moisturiser on my face. However my eye area does require something richer so I do currently use an eye cream or even vaseline occasionally. On the other hand, there's no reason why we can't use a different moisturiser for the eye area - it doesn't need to be specifically marketed for eyes. I do think that whole business is dodgy! We should use what we feel works best but be aware of how unnecessarily overpriced eye creams are.
upvote

comment

Potatofry user profile picture

Potatofry

Oily/Sensitive

Totally agree with you! Thanks for the advice!
upvote

comment

pyskhim user profile picture

pyskhim

Oily/Sensitive

I'm all in for eye cream, my fav AHC eye cream that hydrates my undereye fine lines. I apply with ring finger and massage from inner to outward motion gently, dab dab dab for absorption😘
The Pure Real Eye Cream For Face

A.H.C
The Pure Real Eye Cream For Face

star rating

(20)

favorite

upvote

comment

foxfire user profile picture

foxfire

Oily/Sensitive

I use eye cream, but in my day routine. I don't think it's necessary at night.
Time Rewind Real Eye Cream For Face

AHC
Time Rewind Real Eye Cream For Face

star rating

(48)

favorite

upvote

comment

hexamuted user profile picture

hexamuted

Dry/Resilient

I don’t think it’s necessary tbh. I was always told the skin around your eyes isn’t any different and so you can just use your normal moisturizer. 🤷🏻‍♀️
upvote

comment

HannaTasya user profile picture

HannaTasya

Oily/Resilient

i'm usually use eye cream at day and night 🤗
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!