Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Product Info

Auroraa user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Auroraa

Oily/Sensitive

dot257 Views

Expired products

Hi Picky squad! I am guilty of using my skincare products and makeup products also when they are expired…I know this can be risky but they cost a lot and there’s no way I can finish them in one year. Do you also do this?
upvote

comment

37 Comments

elizabeth user profile picture

elizabeth

Dry/Sensitive

if its skincare products, i try to use them before the expiring date. But i also use them after the expiry date.. i think the date is just an indication like food and u should judge for yourself whether u feel they are not safe to use anymore. Except for products that oxidizes (fast) like sunscreen, vit C, retinol.. they will do more harm than good if you use them after the expiring date. Same for makeup products, i have some that are passed their expiry date… thats why I have only bought one make up product this entire year. Need to finish the others before i will allow myself to buy new ones. I store all my skincare and makeup items in drawers in my desk so its not exposed to light or humidity to keep them last longer.
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

Auroraa

Oily/Sensitive

Like you, I finish a product before I buy a new one!
upvote

comment

jojobeauty16 user profile picture

jojobeauty16

Oily/Resilient

most definitely. as long as they look okay and smell okay, then I'm using those baby's up. lol 😍😘😍
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

Auroraa

Oily/Sensitive

periodt 💙
upvote

comment

Roooni user profile picture

Roooni

Oily/Sensitive

I used them on my body… actually skincare has an expiry day ranging from 2-3 years mostly, so I usually make an effort to use the products with closer expiry date to reduce waste and we can also buy leas skincare altogether(I know is hard😂😂😂)
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

Auroraa

Oily/Sensitive

Some products I bought had an expiry date of 6 months 🥲
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

I do not, I try to throw away even if they cost a lot. What I also do - I got an excel sheet to keep track on my products. There are also phone apps that helps with it
upvote

comment

elizabeth user profile picture

elizabeth

Dry/Sensitive

what phone apps do u use?
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!